close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Luck?

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Fishstix, Jan 20, 2008.

1. I know there have been a couple of posts similar to this one, but no one has seemed to post any success, so I am asking once again if anyone has done any good since the new year? Also, do you know of any people who have filled any tags since January 1st?

2. Dude, I'm so close, I can taste it!! I am confident that I'll be fillin my tag before the end of the season.

3. Our group filled 3 tags last weekend at Kelleys Island. All nice does. Another guy in our group missed broadside at 20 yds somehow. So far that takes our total up to 11 deer up there this year. A 15 pt., 2 8pts, a 6pt, a button buck, and 6 does.

4. Were those some nice bucks? Is there a good deer population up there? Just curious.

5. The 15pt was around 150" and the 8pt was all of 140". My 8pt was maybe 110". Great deer population of deer up there. So far they have killed around 130 deer off the island. So that is pretty good considering it is only like 10 square miles. I'd estimate the population to be at least 500.

6. Sounds like a good population up there. Bet it is cold this time of year. Are there many hunters up there?

7. My buddy took a decent doe out of one of my stands last Thursday afternoon. I hunted Sunday afternoon with no luck. I'll be out afterwork agian today.

8. Really cold up there this time of year. Not many hunters. Alot of public land.