Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any luck over at antrim over the weekend? i was over there last week b4 the trout, and caught three small bass. then over there this am and seen about 15 trout fisherman, i caught one bass, no trout. the water was rollin and was muddy on the south end, which also was the way the wind was blowin, i figured the water temp would be warmer on that end, although all the trout guys were on the north end. talked with one guy who said he caught a really nice big bass on sat. on a minnow while trout fishing, :) but no trout though. i caught one today on a small rooster tail, and two of them the other day on same thing, the other on a floating rogue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A friend of mine went on Friday for the trout release and caught 3 average sized trout that were released. He said a guy next to him was pulling them in left and right. I think he said he was using a white curltail jig.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just got back from Antrim. I caught 2 trout on powerbait on the northside. Buttered...saged...and in the oven. There are alot of people fishing for trout there right now. Its pretty windy out.

·
K C C O
135 Posts
what do they stock the lake with trout? My friend and i were going to also go there tom. around noon. where is a good spot for trout?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was there a little over a week ago and used a rainbow trout colored lipless crankbait to look for them along the northeast corner area. Caught one nice one ~2.5lbs letting the lipless sink to the bottom and reeling very slow. That fish seemed very lethargic and didn't want to move, but they might be a little better now. Didn't have much more time to try much else...had a jig & pig on for 15 minutes without luck.

I'd go with you guys this morning but I have a midterm then I need to get home to install my new side imaging fishfinder on my boat :)

·
Bobber1
29 Posts
I have had , great sucess on the North east corner of Atrim. They have elected to stay on the north end , probably because of the wind mudding up the South end . What has been working for myself is rainbow power bait ,fishing at least 30" off bottom. No luck on wax worms,under a float. Five fish yesterday in one hour.:F

·
Registered
733 Posts
The Northeast end is usually the warmest (gets the most sun exposure), and is usually least affected by the wind (it's shielded). Plus when I was up there I noticed a soft bottom in one area over there that probably heats up faster and provides good nest housing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Went there this afternoon. Didn't get a bite on powerbait, also don't see many people getting them. But there was guy fishing with minnow next to me, and he got the fish every 10 minutes. By the way, are there any shop for minnows around Antrim park area?

·
K C C O
135 Posts
I caught my limit all the fish were pushed across the lake. saw a guy catch 10 in a hour. they were pulling them in left and right.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha i went up there yesterday too, on the north end, and caught nothing, and seen only one caught, there were prob about 15 ppl down there, i guess you were gettin them all on the south end!!!! just my luck! haha

·
>
252 Posts
Just got back from Antrim. Fished the NE corner for about an hour w/ waxies, no luck. 2 other guys were fishing nearby, no luck for them either. The SW corner looked like 15 - 20 people fishing there...must be the hot spot today.

·
Registered
42 Posts
SW corner was the hotspot today... talked to two guys with their limits. As I was talking to the one guy, he pulled in a 17-19 inch trout. All using minnows. Water was super clear, surprisingly...

I really need to find a baitshop before I start heading out.

Forgot to add, I didn't get a bite on jigs, spinners, or my array of panther martin lures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a quick question, what is the limit for trout this time of year? Is it 5? I was thinking of heading up for the trout stocking in Marion with the kids and would hate to teach them "This is how Daddy gets a ticket" :)

Thanks,

Rob

·
Super Moderator
3,928 Posts
inland trout ponds/lakes are always 5

1 - 20 of 23 Posts