Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
The crappies have been biting very well the past couple of weeks. In fact, I just got home and have a pretty good mess to clean. Minnows 12" below the bobber have been working best and last night from 7:30- dark was awesome. Inside current seams near fast water is the key. The water has been low for a while now and they seem to be consentraited where the water is better oxygenated. JMHO and we've been pulling them from water less than 3'.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wish I had your luck. Managed 9 crappies, 5 WB, 1 LB & 1 gill in the Maumee. Casting a jig had 2 large fish on. One came off while retriving & 1 broke my 6 lb test when the line was not feeding off the reel. Left after that since it was dark.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Another day, another trip,another fish or 2. Managed a couple of LB, & singular for cat, sheephead & bluegill & 12 crappies mostly of very decent size - largest 12" & a few 11" & vast majority 10" +. A fun trip.

·
Cowboy Charters
1,653 Posts
It is early yet for crappie, I went out Sunday to a couple of hot spots and only managed to pull 4 crappies, was out Tuesday night at a different spot and only got 1 crappie. You can't keep the little bluegill off.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Did not look for them today. Went to Buttonwood (Maumee River) for catfish. 11 cats, 2 sheephead & 1 smallmouth. Bobber & worm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts