any info on indian?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishintechnician, Feb 12, 2009.

1. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

i want to get out this weekend somewhere. have they been catching anuthing at indian, is there open water any where. spillway? just want a general idea of how the lake/spillway looks before i make the hour drive. thanks for any info

2. fxs

fxs

Channels are open as well as main lake.

3. fishintechnician

has the water level came up any any flow in the spillway

4. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

The water was rolling over the spillway pretty good today. It looked unfishable to me, although a few people were trying it.

5. fishintechnician

maybe it will start to slow down by sun and i can hit it up

6. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

was up at Indian last night. Lots of areas fishable, lots still have ice. Water was up a good 1-2 ft from when I was there last in the fall. water was pretty choclatey. visability was maybe 6 inches. I wasnt too successful. Missed about 3 bites. Bite was really soft. Landed 1 whopping 8 inch saugeye and had a nice eater up to shore when it shook the jig. Just before I left I landed a huge carp. That was interesting. Thing weighed 10-15 lbs.

7. Capital Outdoorsman---what size Roadrunner have you found best for crappies, and what best size for saugeyes at Indian? Same question on vibees...? Thanks!

8. Was down by the lake today, and Lots of ice still around back in Long Island, also many of the channels had skim ice on the them. Mound wood had some ice in the channel leading to the lake, but the boats were taking care of that. Did see 1 decent saugeye caught in the deep hole at MW.

9. Jig size depends what area of lake you are fishing and what current is like. Most use double 1/16th ounce jigs with 3 " tails or 4" tails. You want enough weight to keep you close to bottom if not on botom. As for Vibe 3/16th or 1/4 ounce are used the most sometimes the larger heavier 1/4 ounce vibe will out produce the lighter version or vice a versa so try both and be observant of those around you catching fish. Be versatile and ready to move around for them.