Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to make a trip in the next couple of weeks and wanted to know if the eye action is starting or if the water is still too warm. Thanks in advance.:T

·
Registered
147 Posts
Last Saturday the water was still laround 70. Only caught some small bluegill.
Didn't see too many boats trolling.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i was there sunday and they said they were starting to get a few from the the bank. i caught one 10" yellow perch and a catfish. they had a saugeye tourny sunday and was given 2 that were the guys cull fish so he must of had some nice ones becuase the ones he gave me were an 18 and 19 incher. didn't ask what he was using.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did anyone fish Indian today? I may make the trip tomorrow if anyone has been getting bites the last couple of days.

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Trolled the southwest wall and picked up two yesterday morning, but didn't get there early enough. There were already a half doz. boats in the water trolling that area, and as soon as the sun was up good and the water was calm, the bite quit and the other anglers dispersed. I stayed a while longer and got nada.

Heard that the bite was good Sunday while it was overcast and windy. Will likely get back over tomorrow. Squacks today.

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
was there sunday too. I heard the action was all in the AM. Picked up 1 fat 19 at about 9 PM but then I had to leave to make the drive back. My spot has not been en fuego so far this fall. At least when I'm there. But it seems every time I go I hear all about how I shoulda been there yesterday. Why is that always the case?

·
Registered
213 Posts
... But it seems every time I go I hear all about how I shoulda been there yesterday. Why is that always the case?
We'll test it. I'll try to go Thurs., too, and by then Wed. will be yesterday, so I'll have been there. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
An early report on Wednesday, rather than wait until tomorrow. It sucked. LOL. Trolled between Oldfield and Orchard Island areas from dawn 'til around 10:30. Overcast and nice chop on the water. Expected more. Heard from the lady at Bass Pro bait store that bank fishermen off Oldfield brought in several limits yesterday. I guess I shoulda been there then. :D

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
You need to plan ahead. Pick the day you're going to go. Then go the day before that day, and the day after that day. Skip the day you intend to go. You'll probably limit out both times and hear that everyone who fished on the "chosen" day was blanked. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hit Indian this morning at 8am caught 10 saugeye 15-17 inches in the normal community holes all on 1/4 ounce Vibe's. Water temp was 55-57 degrees when we came off at 12:30.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I know a lot of Indian fishermen,women fish vibe's.What is your best technique?Do you jig off the bottom all the way to the boat or bank,steady retrieve,or vertical jig?I'm guessing try them all until you find out what the fish want.I'm just curious what works best for all you vibe fisherpersons.Thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
Made my first trip up for the fall this morning. Fished for six hours and boated 14 but only kept 3. Had 5 foul hooked, must have been thick as fleas, just not very aggressive today.
I like to vertical jig vibes, I lose fewer that way. Sometimes I cast them out and pump them back in but I pick my spots. Much trash on the bottom and they snag up for me. Maybe I retrieve them too slow but I think they need to drop to trigger a strike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts