close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any ice reports for Mosquito Lake?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by sawgi2001, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Has anyone heard or seen ice reports for 'sqiutor' lately? I'm gonna check on Highlandtown tommorrow 1/22/05. I know it's not a killer panfish lake anymore but it wouldn't hurt to check in case somebody wants to go!! THANKS sawgi2001

2. Check the ice forum at OHfishing.com under "bad news".

3. I spoke with a guy fishing Wallace this afternoon. Said he fished a 1/2 mile of so out of the cemetary yesterday. Can anyone confirm?

4. sawgi did oyu get to check highland town i checked it mon and it was about 1 or 2 by the dock i was just wondering how it is now i live about 20 mins from there and i ahve some good spots i fish there in the winter

5. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I was at Mosquitie from about 4:30pm to 6:30pm Sunday. Ice was a good 4" at least on the roadbed by the cemetary. Temperature when I left just after dark was below zero and I could hear ice being made. I hooked and lost two walleye suspended at about 7 ft in 14-1/2 fow. I was using a Rapala jig and Swedish pimple with wax worms. I forgot the minnie bucket.

6. THANKS FOR THE INFO. SOUNDS LIKE WE GOT SOME GOOD ICE FINALLY AROUND HERE. I MIGHT TRY FOR WED. TO GET OUT AND CHECK OUT MOSQUITO. :D
    ITS GOING TO BE IN THE LOW 30 SO IT SHOULD STAY FROZE SO IF U GET A CHANCE TO GO LET ME KNOW.
    JIG :cool: