any Howard Stern Fans???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BennyLovesSaugeyes, Jul 1, 2008.

1. just wondering how many people on the OGF listen to Howard Stern on Sirius.

I have sirius and get Howard TV thru Warner Cable. IT's all great programming.

This week, while the show is on vacation, they're playing History of Howard. Which tells you about Sterns career in detail. It's pretty cool

2. Howard makes my morning drive a lot easier. Being unsensored has made the show even funnier. I sometimes catch Bubba the Love Sponge on the drive home but have been turned off by him lately.

3. yeah BTLS is cool. Sometimes i switch over at work at 3 to listen to him. Sometimes his show is great, sometimes it's not.

I know that without Stern during the day at work, I'd die. Stern makes my day go by pretty quick, that and OGF. lol

4. I absolutely abhor Master Tape Theater though...I'd much rather have the Friday show. At least lately they've been doing recaps of the week's highlights on Fridays. Because I really, really, really hate master tape theater. I wish he'd never gotten his tapes back.

I listen to BTLS a little bit. Sometimes he's great, other times he just annoys me.

5. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Use to listen to him all the time on terrestrial radio. Even though most of the time he made me laugh there were many times he went over the edge and I switched the channel. Haven’t listens since he basically got booted off. Never could get over the “pay to listen” thing.

6. When I want to listen to music, I can do it with no commercials, and there are enough channels with set-lists much deeper than mainstream terrestrial radio, that I would never give up my Sirius. It's worth every penny.

There are less commercials on Howard Stern than there were on FM. All I need to do is try to listen to Rover on WMMS or Kenny Scrota or Trivislobbo for about 6 minutes before I can't stand it. Part of it is because there are 5.5 minutes of commercials out of every 6 minutes and part of it is because the content is awful.

Terrestrial radio is dead to me.

I'll give up satellite radio when you pry it from my cold, dead, hands...

7. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Comm... glad you enjoy it. Just not somthing I want to spend my cash on. To each his own. :)

8. Does anyone listen to Sirius on your pc at work? I used to be able to but they really tightened the security on the network (banned sirius.com, internet radio, etc). I tried using sites like vtunnel.com and others trying to bypass the network and had zero luck. Anybody else out there have to do this and if so...how did you do it? Thanks!

9. I couldn't agree more. It's f'in great.

Stern brought me over to Sirius, but the music is keeping me there after he's gone. The stations RULE. No commercials, just great music. Plus there's every type of music you can think of, and great talk radio too like martha stewart and barbara Walters.

get it for 3 months, if you don't like it, return it. I am 100% sure you'll get it, and forget your car/house even gets free radio anymore. Plus It's like 12 bucks a month. I spend more on bait per month than that.

10. ScottB

ScottB SW Ohio

I listen to Stern daily. I have 2 sirius subscriptions, but I can't stream at work. I download the days show when I get home as a MP3, then bring that into work the next day. I'm a day late, but I can pause it whenever I need to and never miss a second.

Babba Booey to you all!

11. Haven't listened to terrestrial radio for over four years except for a few indians games. It's worth the price of subs (I have three) to have commercial free music with many genres not available elsewhere.

The uncensored howard makes some of the interviews interesting, with mainstream folks going places that you wouldn't expect. Not always filthy - Carly Simon coming clean about the aftermath of her divorce was quite revealing without having to stoop to the expected line of questioning.

12. I never thought that i would get satellite radio. I recently purchased a new vehicle that came with three months XM radio for free. I liked it immediately, and signed on for another year before the three months were up.

On the subject of Howard Stern, I used to listen to him on regular radio. I haven't heard him once since he went to Sirius. I don't miss it. His schtick gets old rather quickly.

13. I listen to Howard quite a bit. I think Artie makes the show.

14. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Love the Stern show. Life time subscriber to Sirius here. Best 500 bucks I ever spent :D

15. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

I have Sirius and actually liked Howard better on commercial radio. It is all too easy now. He just does and says whatever he wants and can't get in trouble. It has no entertainment value to me because you no longer have the anticipation of whether he is over the line or not because there is no longer a line.

I think, as a result, he had to work harder at entertaining on commercial radio. Now he can just act like a sophomore and cater to that level.

Buick

16. definately a Stern fan - so is my wife. I bought her a car kit for christmas along with the boombox, so she could listen at work..........and for fathers day she got me a radio for my truck too......so we've got 2 subscriptions.

I also listen when I can on my laptop at work.........

17. since Jackie left, the show is 10,000 times better. Artie is the man, plus:
    Artie Loves Pancakes.

18. Astro1700

Astro1700 Member

I'm the same as many others, I do not listen to terrestrial radio unless I have too. I have been with Sirius for 3 years and started listening to Howard his first day. I love the show. The history is great but I heard it the first time around. I also listen to Cavino and Rich in the afternoons on Maxium 108.

19. First off.........I HAVE NOT read all the above.

Stern is an a__hole. He is bright. Very bright.

That said.....it is all about cash.

20. was never about money. It was about being being fined by the FCC every three seconds. Once Bush got in office, and all the bible thumping nutthuggers, things went down hill for radio. Bubba the Love Sponge got kicked off radio, Opie and Anthony got kicked off of Radio, Kid Kris got kicked off radio, Howard just left before he could get a million dollar fine like the others listed.