close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any help for Bar Harbor Maine

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by JUSTCRAZY, Jun 14, 2007.

1. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Never been to Maine before, but plan to make the voyage the last week of June. Has anyone made the trip, and have any fishing experience? I am more interested in saltwater than fresh water fish, but if I have to I will hit the fresh water.
    I really would like to get into some stripers and anything that likes to fight a LOT. I probably will not be able to go on a charter and will mainly fish from shore. Most of the vacation is already spoken for as far as time, but I will be sneaking out as much as I can.

Thanks
    Rob

2. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

My wife and I took a vacation to New England about twenty years ago and stayed one night in Bar Harbor Maine. It is very scenic, especially Acadia National Park and Caddillac Mountain.
    WE ate in a Restaurant called 124 Cottage Street. At the time you could get a whole lobster dinner with all the trimmings there for $10.95 . It was great. As for fishing there I have no idea. You will have to check with a local bait shop or someone on here who may be able to help you.
    After stopping at Bar Harbor we took the Ferry ( Blue Nose ) over to Nova Scotia and drove around there for several days. It's a neat place to visit.
    I tried casting jigs for Stripers in Annapolis Royal but never got a hit . I guess I was in the wrong place at the wrong time ?