close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

any headboats out of the huron area, also were to fish with boat in huron

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish4Fun, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Hey guys we are looking to take a headboat out on the friday before the hawg roast is there any headboats in huron or are they all out of portclinton?

Also if a guy was going to bring up a 16' tracker and didn't have alot of experience and has never had his boat on erie were would be some safe places to take the boat out of the huron area that are fairly safe and a good place for him to start fishing erie.

2. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I don't know of any headboats out of Huron except for the one that Fishermans Wharf is bring over to Huron for our Sunday, Sept, 26th OGF perch trip. I believe that Fishermans Wharf has a boat in Huron all of October, but nothing earlier than that.

You can launch the 16 boat at Cranberry Creek Marina and have excellent, safe fishing just outside the marina entrance. This is great place to get your feet wet :D for your first solo trips to Erie.

We will have a bunch of smaller boats launcing out of Cranberry on Sunday the 26th for some fun fishing.

Kim

3. I just talked to the people at FW,if you plan on going out friday you better call and get on the list.They are all filled up for that Saturday!

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Thanks Kim, i thought you said cranberry when we talked before. we are thinking of taking a headboat out friday morning but my buddy is also thinking about bringing up his 16' tracker and going out he is first time boat owner and not much experience so it would have to be a very calm day on the lake and thats hard to perdict.

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

6. There is a headboat out of Huron, which is docked at Sawmill Creek. John Lyle is the captain, his number is 419-433-3748. He goes from 9-2. You could also try Tibbels in Marblehead..419-734-1143.

7. I Have Been Out W/john Lyle At Least 10 Times At Night..i Saw 1 Fish Caught N All Those Trips On His Boat.

8. Argee, I said he could go on John Lyle's headboat...I never said he would catch fish :)

The first time I went out with Lyles, I caught 4 walleye in a half an hour. I don't think I've caught one since.