close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

any got that new clearwire internet?

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by iam20fan, Aug 9, 2007.

1. i guess this is new, saw a display at best buy tonight. i don't think its worth trading my ATT DSL elite package for.

2. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Not sure specifically what you are talking about, but your DSL runs through fiber optic somewhere on the systems backbone. How far you are from the fiber connection to your house will depend on the phone company. In time to come, fiber will run direct to your house and direct to your devices.

That time is now in some localities that Time-Warner is franchised in. In Columbus area fiber is just now starting to be run to the house, but still uses your standard wiring with in the house for computer and cable.

I have the DSL ELITE and find it hard to beat. Sure is faster than the Buckeye Cable System internet I used to have @ $20 cheaper per month.

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i have att yahoo dsl and pay $19.99,but i don't have the elite?? how much is it for the elite?

4. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

You might be able to get a deal, I believe it's $34.95 now. It was $29.95 when I started.

5. Cant wait for fiber optic to come around here.

6. i think i pay 34.99/month for the elite i have to check my bill