close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any good recipe's for rabbit?

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by BuckeyeAngler, Jun 1, 2005.

1. BuckeyeAngler

BuckeyeAngler Love to be on the Water

I have a good amount of rabbit meat from the past hunting season and was wondering if anyone had a good recipe.

2. I used to hunt with dad and pap alot. Now they are almost gone and so is the ground. :eek: Anyhow we used to de-bone and fry to brown and throw it in a pot of home made sgetti sauce. MMMMGOOD! :p

3. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

4. peon

peon account delete

rabbit, can of cream of mushroom soup in a crockpot for a good while!!!! never cooked it but my dad did!! talk about good.. i wish i knew some good rabit spots... lol

5. peon

peon account delete

i posted and looked at the savetoby web site... lol is that for real?? no way.. man im gonna start one about my cat then lol.. if i can at least make 100 bucks then good...

6. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

It's 100% real...i am still kickin myself for not thinking of it first.

7. Soak it in Salt water overnight,
    then put it on the grill.

Use Open Pit barbaque sauce.

8. take two whole rabbits quarter them up and boil them in water till they are completely cooked then debone them take one bag of birdseye frozen veggies prep them boilem in water is all you need to do drain veggies then make one large can of cream of potato soup when soup veggies and rabbits are ready then mix every thing in a large bowl then you can make or buy your own pie shells fill the pie shells with your filling then bake on 350 for 15 or 20 miutes or till pie shell is golden brown then let set for a few minuets then serve its way good. :D

9. BuckeyeAngler

BuckeyeAngler Love to be on the Water

Sounds good everyone. I have some meat left. For my first rabbit meal I made some pulled rabbit sandwhich but I am definetly going to give a few of the recipes a try.

10. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Toss the bunny in a crock pot with veggies, like carrots,tators,onions, celery and whatever ya like. Add mushroom soup. Turn it on low and forget about it. I like to leave it overnight. Keep stirring it til the bones break loose and you can remove them. Serve it over grand biscuits.Enjoy!

11. I like hassenpfer (sp?) I can get you an excellent recipe for it if you like. It takes a couple days to marinate, but it is worth the wait. I also like making rabbit and noodles and dumplings and rabbit with alfredo sauce over linguine- simmer rabbit until tender and debone. Saute some fresh mushrooms, add some fresh garlic, some italian seasonings. Add the meat, pour in a jar of 5 brothers alfredo sauce, heat and serve over pasta. You can also saute some zuchinni, yellow squash, bell pepper along with the shrooms.