close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Ginsingers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Walter Adkins, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Was just wondering if anyone out there hunts for gensing or yellow root. I have been hunting the two for several years now. A great way to get out there and enjoy some time in the woods.

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i used to hunt both with my father-in-law,years ago,in the hills of pike county.like you said,one more way besides shroomin' to hang out with mother nature,when i wasn't chasing squirrels,grouse,deer and other critters in those woods.

4. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

I have some down on my farm, been catching a few guys trespassing and stealing it. I go dig up sasafrass but have never done the sing. Would like to give it a try though.

5. Bigchessie you have given me the flavor in my mouth again of could winter mornings and a cup of sasafrass tea. I think that sasafrass got me into drinking tea over coffee. Yes there is a season on gensing and the game wardens are active trying to catch people. It can take seven years for a plant to grow to a five prong in the wild. I will advise you to look before you dig. I once stuck my pick into a yellow jacket nest while digging some yellow root. I was clearing brush as I came out of there.

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ah,sasafrass tea :)
    used to collect and keep bags of it on hand.never cared much for tea,except iced,but hot sasafrass tea on those chilly mornings was hard to beat.

7. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

I heard sasafrass has some cancer causing agents in it. You guys might want to be carefull using that stuff. I guess just about everything else might cause cancer too.

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yep.that's why i just eat,drink,smoke what i want.if i was worried about cancer,i'd have quit all 3 of those things years ago,and been long dead by now ;)