close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any EMT's here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by futuremedic3018, Oct 4, 2007.

1. I'm in Warren,OH, An EMT-Basic going to Paramedic School.

Anyone else an EMT or going to EMT School?
    Whats' your level?
    Where you located?

2. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Medic School in 93' now just a basic after dropping my card a couple years ago. Columbus Fire

3. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

Hey BC Roebak (sp?) and Robertson were 2 of my fire instructors at Hocking are they still there?

4. BigChessie

Yep they are still hanging round. lol I just saw George the other day. I used to work with him out East.

5. EMT-I

Leetonia, OH

Was a basic for 9 years. Decided it was time to start sticking people with needles. Have found that unless you have a full code, an Intermediate is as good as a Medic. (not bashing medics... wish I was one)

6. EMT-P for 10 years. Firefighter for 12 years.
    Columbus Division of Fire.

ski

7. Had my basic card for about 15 years and ran with a couple of different agencies. Let it drop a few years ago as fire service started to interfere too much with my real job and the volunteer departments I was running with were starting to move to part-paid guys. Loved it while I was doing it, but just didn't have the time to devote to do it right, and couldn't afford to do it full time.

8. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I'm a first responder, does that count? :)

9. Emt-B non-fire
    IAFF 17+ years

10. countrycat, Your An EMS provider, aren't you? Then yes! You do count! First responders are just as good as anyone else except for the fact that theres' this thing called scope of practice. I was wondering, Do you plan on going for Basic EMT?

After I get my medic, I would like to work else where out of and away from trumbull county. I'm looking for fire depts (volunteer) and private EMS as well. Any help is appreciated.

11. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

been an emt-b for almost 18 years now.began bike training class today so i can work some of our local events.some of the courses we rode were kind of tough but fun.

12. Futuremedic Whats wrong with Trumbull County? If you think it's any better any where else you got another thing coming. You have good and bad everywhere!

13. Was an EMT / FIREFIGHTER on a volunteer dept in stark county
    for thirteen years....

14. BigChessie

Hey Jeff I was talking to one of your guys the other day. He brought up a truck to get some pump testing done. I'm working on Greenlawn now where testing is done. Seemed kinda funny to see your truck out there. lol

15. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

chess,i'd bet that it was capt.jeff wise. real good guy.strange though,his family has been in the funeral business for a long time.
    pssssst....a seagull hit your signature!

16. 32 years medic/firefighter. 12 years as a flight medic with MedFlight. What a great ride its been.

17. In the fire service all my life,,my padre was too. I let my emt lasp to concentrate on haz-mat

18. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I now Envy Chopper!!!!

Maybe one day if I am lucky enough, I will have to opportunity to be a flight medic.

I need to get a few more 4 letter words in my title though.

ACLS,BTLS,GEMS, etc...

Then make the leap from the computer industry into the EMS industry full time.

31 isn't too old is it? ;)

Working through EMS school still right now.

Is seems like I work my day job, then go to class, then clinicals, then study, then sleep. Family and friends fall into there somewhere. Fishing usually happens if I don't care to sleep.