close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Central OH water that won't be choc milk?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Capital outdoorsman, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

Which res will likely have the best water conditions on Sunday afternoon? I have to get out and test some new equipment and it would be a real bonus to actually catch a fish!:p

2. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

I'm guessing that everywhere you go will be pretty muddy. I have fished about six lakes so far this year and all of them have been high & muddy.
    I found 55-degree water on Wednesday in Perry County (during a cold front) on the downwind/sun-hit side of the watershed.
    I recommend somewhere small & shallow for this weekend. The water should be in the low 50s in a small lake, and upper 40s right now for the bigger lakes.
    I don't know what kind of equipment you are testing. But if I were you, I would test out a JignPig, a spinner, a jerkbait, a rattletrap, a rubberworm, and a nice deep staging spot where the bass are!
    Good luck...

3. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Don't be to quick to judge. We didn't get dumped on like southern Ohio did. Also, they are filling both Alum and Delaware to summer pool so they shouldn't be high at all, maybe a little stained to muddy, but you should be able to find some good fishable water. I don't know Hoover well, but I would guess a guy could find a bite there to. Sunday afternoon would be perfect in my guesstimation.

CG

4. BUSTABB

BUSTABB member

hey capital, cj brown is by far tthe clearest around. in case you dont know, it is located by springfield I'll be out there this weekend

5. Muskarp

Muskarp Banned

Hoover and Alum are about at summer pool, both pretty stained, temps about 46 at lower end and a little warmer in the northern ends. Delaware was way down wednesday.

6. Yeah CJ is where I will be testing some new baits in the semi clear water. Visibility was over a foot today by the marina. Lakes with spillways are usually not as murky as ones with dams with water release. But that does not apply to CJ(buck creek) its usually fairley clear. Good luck

7. Thick Rick

Thick Rick Dragon Bronzeback Slayer

Alum is still low. 2 and a half feet below summer pool as of this morning. I am going to bet the temperature is up some. That was a warm rain that fell most of today. We will hit 60 tomorrow and Sunday we will have a ton of sunshine and push toward 70. It should be pretty decent conditions by Sunday afternoon.