Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ME and a couple buddies were thinking about going out for some night fishing on friday and were looking for suggestions about where to go. We were thinking about hitting a paylake (rainbow) but that aint the most appealing idea because of the idiots etc. I was thinking about maybe kiser lake, but the drive is kinda far. We don't really want to go to the river because it is hard to find a decent place where more then two people can fish comfortably without having a long hike. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Actually, Kiser has some real nice channels and has plenty of access around it as does Eastwood Lake but NW of town, you could try the lake at Sycamore State Park, a few nice channels there I have heard, ( never cat fished there so I dont know but have heard of a few nice ones from there)

Salmonid

·
Registered
98 Posts
We've caught a couple nice channels at Eastwood, north end of the lake where the water comes in - you are allowed to night fish there through the weekend during summer - sure beats a pay lake unless you are looking for the big ones. If that's what you are after, as far as pay lakes, try Triangle Lakes down near Hamilton - not much of a drive, really, and a lot more peaceful than Rainbow. Last year a guy caught a couple really big ones in the front lake while we were night fishing there.

·
CJ Wolfpack
4,311 Posts
cj brown in springfield has got some nice cats.that shouldn't be to far of a drive for ya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts