close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any CAG OHIO Challenges in 2005?

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by RiverRat, Jan 2, 2005.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Hey Shawn, i looked over the event sced. for CAG OHIO 2005 and didnt see a carp challenge sced. i take it your not going to put another one together this year?

Plus i know you have awards like the CARP KING during the "events", any in the future for biggest carp by a CAG member in Ohio(other than the sced. events)??
    I would say it would be OK if it was witnessed by another CAG member , weighed on either certified scales or atleast GOOD quality scales like RH or Salter and a full measurment like length & girth, plus a good clear picture.

Im going to be announcing with the OCC 2005 secd. a challenge and an award for biggest carp for an OCC member.
    I'll list the dates and details once my site is back up and finished.

Scott

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

scott.... we need to hook up for some fishing soooon.. i will be free after tomorrow.. i'm heading to chicago sometime this coming week..
    i thought the challenge will be hold on the scioto, downtown.. i maybe wrong..

3. catking

catking Banned

I believe Shawn did say the event will be downtown Columbus in June ? CATKING

4. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

The June event is the CAGI on the Scioto at COSI. That will be the only tournament this year. Shawn said it is to much work to do both an ohio challenge and the CAGI so this year I believe is a test to see if a challenge on the scioto is a viable option for the future.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Are you guys talking about the CAGI...i figured that was just a CAG event...not just a state event like last years Challenge at Edgewater?

Hey AK, im working(yea back to work..geez) Mon. - Thurs. this week, when ya going to be at Lockport?

Scott

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

CAGI only. Cosi June 25. Alum will be the backup location if the Scioto is blown out for some reason.

As for awards. Ohio Carp King only. I want our fish-in's to be Non-competitive. Competition brings ego's and crap. Don't need that in our fish-ins :)

7. catking

catking Banned

I believe that is the way to go Shawn. Carpin is in it's infancy, at least in these parts. Should be all about sharing and bank side chatter....something I'm looking forward to this coming season.... CATKING

8. Do you have to be a member of cag to fish the cosi event? cosi is 5 min. from my house on broad. I am going to try to fish more this coming year. I am not a member of cag though.
    thanks,
    marc

9. catking

catking Banned

Hey Tornichio !!! Shawn would be the one to answer that. But I do know it's public waters, and be nice to share the bank with you and whoever else wants to wet a line for carp ;) .... CATKING

10. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

You do not have to be a member to fish any of the CAG Ohio events, never has been in the past and hopefully never will be. In this case it is a national CAG event, so in order to be eligible for any prizes I believe you need to be a CAG member. To come out and have fun at the fish in is open to anybody, there is actually a few converts from that area that we have turned on to carp fishing in the last few years. I will have to make it a point to track them down and get them out there to have some fun. Hope to see everybody there, lets hope the river cooperates.