close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Buckeye Lake Ice Reports

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by WeekendWarrior, Jan 30, 2009.

1. All,
    I just returned from Tampa, and I am really surprised no reports exist from Buckeye. Is anyone catching anything?

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

There has been a few reports about Buckeye. The bite has been slow but it is picking up nicely. There have been some nice eyes caught the last few days. I plan on being out Sunday. If you get out stop by and say hello. I'll have my OGF flag out.

3. Dale - please post how your day went, I was really skunked last weekend over there and only saw one fish caught. I would like to come back over if it picks up. Let me know. Thanks

4. went to the lake yeaterday fishing was o.k. managed five nice saugeye between me,my dad and son. saw tons of fish on the camera, could only get a few to bite. Most of the fish were caught between 12:00 noon to 4:00.
    most were caught with vibes 1 on pink jig and 2 on just hook and minnie.
    there were people catching them just about everywhere. I think they have finally started to turn on. BTW the ice was good 7" with about 2" of white crusty stuff. Just be carefull around the island by cranberry they have an aerator that has opened the water about 50 yards or so around the west end of the island.

Almost forgot the fish were nice 16"-18" only 1 dink.