Any basses being caught?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by soua0363, Nov 9, 2007.

1. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

Just wondering if anyone is having any luck with catching any largemouths now that the weather has turned a lot colder. If so, what were you using and technique? I went last Sunday out in the wind storm and only managed two while my brother caught two. Not much size to them...14" but skinny. All were caught on crankbaits.

2. try shad lures

i think this time of season the fish follow where the shad are. Also look above...usually where they are birds circling, there are fish.

3. we did good at brookville sat

4. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Got one fish in 2 hours of Fishing. got him slowly reeling a crank in around 5 foot of water.

5. No largemouths, but my buddy and I got into 7 smallmouths Saturday on the Big O. Biggest was maybe 2 lb and one other was 1 1/2. The rest were dinks. Very aggressive though on crankbaits from Smack Tackle.

6. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

Went over the weekend on Saturday to a local lake/pond (Camp Ernst) and managed 4 largemouths. 3 were about a pound at 13" to 14" and the other was a dinker at around 6". All were caught on crankbaits going about 8' to 10' down. Could not get any bites on spinnerbaits or jigs. My brother was bouncing a shad color tube off the bottom and he did not get anything all day. The water temperature was around 50 degrees.

7. Was out today for 1.5 hours and caught three bass all on the same crank. You can see it in the pictures.

Bass #1
    [​IMG]

Bass #2
    [​IMG]

Bass #3 was a dink.