close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any 4-Runner owners with a 4.7L V8

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by soua0363, Sep 28, 2007.

1. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

Looking to maybe get a new or newer Toyota 4-Runner with the 4.7L V8 in Limited trim with 4x4 and was wondering what is the actual gas mileage out of the thing. It will be for the wife but it would also become my boat tower. She drives about 45 miles round trip every day. The reasons for looking to get one is that it will be a kid mobile, boat tower, and it has 4x4 for the winter. Would like to get the new Tundra with the 5.7 but I cannot afford an SUV, boat, and truck all at the same time.

2. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

Start with the Tundra! Will save you a few thousand compared to the V8 4Runner (sticker). Great incentives on the Tundra now also, believe 0% just ended on the 4Runner??? Don't have fuel #'s here on the 4Runner but can say @15MPG TOWING on the 5.7Tundra. And I tow hard! 4Runner is a GREAT vehicle, just a little 2 narrow in front seats.
    4Runner approx 37K and up as described and Tundra down in the LOWER 30's

3. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I have the 07 double cab Tundra with the 4.7. I get roughly 13-15mpg. If I tough my 3800lb+ boat, I'm lucky to get 8mpg. If I had to do it again, I would definitely go with the bigger engine.