close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Antrim and 3 creeks 5-6-04

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bassnpro1, May 7, 2004.

1. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Yesterday I went to 3 creeks pond and gave it a shot for bass. I caught one fish (11 1/2 in) on a senko type bait. It was actually the bait that came in my free sample from alabama lakes! Then I went to Antrim around 8:30 and fished until 10:30 pm. I caught two bass one was 1 3/4 and the other was 2 lbs. Not too bad. The two lber jumped four or five times in the dark and I thought I had a smallie on, but it was a LM. I have never seen a LM jump that many times and get that airborne, he was a sport! I also tail hooked a 5 lb channel cat. That was a chore trying to get him in pulling him in by the tail. It felt like a bite and when I set the hook and the fish took drag, I thought I had a new big bass, but after a about ten seconds I knew it wasn't a bass. I'm going to try to get some pictures in here.
    [​IMG] That is the three creeks bass.
    The 1 3/4 lb LM...
    [​IMG]
    Another shot
    [​IMG]
    And my 2 lber [​IMG]

2. Nice looking fish. Where is the pond at 3 creeks? I have never been there but I was looking at a city map and it doesnt show any ponds? Is there any good creek fishing there?

3. Bassnpro1

Hey twistertail, there are a few ponds all around the area, but I fished the main one right next to the parking area. Can't miss it. As for the creek fishing, I only tried once early april with no luck. So I can't really comment, I know someone who said they did decent around there though.

4. Where Is That? My 8 Yr.old Wants To Go. Thanks, Jrb

5. Bassnpro1

It is a Metro Park, and you can get directions from there. But you take 33 south off of 270 and then take a right on Hamilton rd and then another right on Bixby? and the park is on the right. The pond is extremely weedy and bank access is poor. If you could wade or had a float tube, you could rock' em probably. The pond if full of life though with hundreds of little gils(1-4 in) aruond the shoreline.

6. Bassnpro1

You can get directions from the metro park website is what I meant to say. Geez I must of had a brain fart.

7. i have been catching largemouth bass and trout at antrim but someone told me there were huge smallmouth there but i have yet to catch one this year..any advice on how to catch some smallmouth?

8. any smallies out of there in 2 years. I use to catch 4 or 5 a year out of there with the largest being a little over 5 pounds. There is a very narrow window of time inwhich they are very catchable.

9. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

i have found the best bait for bass in a small pond full of those little 1 to 4" gills, would be catching one of those lil boogers, and free line it with just hook, no sinker. or even some artificial bait to resemble a small gill. then again, with your screen name, i'll bet you already knew that. i just wish i knew of a small and close little pond i could have fun doing that. i'd even c.r. all my catch! :)