close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Antrim 5/13

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bassnpro1, May 14, 2004.

1. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I was at Antrim, and I caught two bass at night. Not too bad. But I was chatting with this guy who said he fishes there a couple times a week, so I thought I would prod him for information about the lake. Well he caught a decent bass around 1.5 lbs, and I was like cool! Until he pulls out a stringer and puts the bass on it :mad: He ended up leaving there with three bass. That lake gets hammered hard enough. I guess it was his right though, I just hate to think about how many bass that he has pulled out of their. My fish were around 1.5 lbs also and were released. The mosquitos are terrible there in the evening! I even had 100% DEET spray on and they were still attacking me. One got me through my shirt :mad: anyways here are the pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Good looking bass you got there. I have never fished that lake and dont know much about, do they stock bass in there? I know that they stock the trout but didnt know if they put catfish or bass or anything else in there. I think it would be good if there could different bag limits for different lakes depending on fishing pressure. They have different size limits for some lakes so why not bag limits?

3. Nice fish. All I caught last night were 20 little 5" bluegils. I almost had a bass but it let go of the bluegil that I caught.

fishintiger

4. Bassnpro1

That is a good thought twistertail. I wouldn't mind seeing a limit of one bass over 14" They do not stock bass in there, only trout and I think they stock catfish every now and then. It is just hard to see knowing how hard that lake gets fished.

5. Bassnpro1

I beleive it is. Although the state stocks it? Someone else will have to confirm this.

6. I was just wondering who has control of the size and bag limits for city owned ponds? I would think that if the city own it they could change things around a bit if they wanted to.

7. Bassnpro1

I don't think the city cares much for the fishing there. It is primarily a place for people to walk there dogs and let them swim. Drives me crazy

8. Kevin -

Each year the state fair has a "fish pool" full of 12-15'' channel cats. It's for kids only. When the fair is over, they release the excess channel cats in Antrim. :)

Sorry to hear about the guy keeping those bass - nothing you can do about it :mad: I don't want to start any fights, but I never understood why ANYBODY (other than homeless) would keep lm bas anyway :confused: They are pretty low on my list as far as eating goes. Although, when blackened/seasoned it's not too bad.

9. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

The city would have to adopt a city ordinance of a fish limit and post it. At Quarry Park in Marion, we have a 5 Fish Limit sign posted, but there is no penalty if you take 50 fish. Council, however, is in the process of approving the city ordinance. After it is adopted by council, if you take more than 5, it is against the law, and Police can issue a ticket.