close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ant more ideas??

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by BigDaddy300, Jun 3, 2007.

1. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

OK. If you guys remember I was having the problem with the 25hp mariner. When it reaches WOT it seems to starve for fuel. It cuts out, but I found that if I pump the bulb fast it will run great. I had it looked at by a mechanic and he could not duplicate the problem in the tank. I changed the hose, bulb, both quick connects, fuel pump, and tried a different tank. Still have the problem. Don't know what to do next, other than put a "for sale" sign on it.

2. Did he use your new hose? Sometimes you get get a bad one, especially from places like Walmart. If he used his own fuel line and didn't have the problem, that's your answer.

3. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

maybe u have some dirt or something stuck in the carb? what yr is the motor and how much are u maybe wanting to sell it for?

4. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

For what it's worth, he bought the motor from me and it ran fine for the 3 or 4years I had it. Prior to that another OGF member had it and it ran fine for him. I sold it because I had a lower unit issue and had a hard time finding a replacement. Low and behold I buy another motor and I find a new lower unit, so it had to go.

I have to believe it's something with the carb, it sat from October until the time he bought it in April I believe. It seemed to run fine while the muffs were hooked up to it. I hope he comes up with a solution, it was a good motor for me until I ran over someones discarded braided line.

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i would also make sure the tank vent is clear of debris.i have a tank and hose if you want to try it with your motor,let me know.

6. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Well it looks like I will find out tomorrow if it is fixed. I am going to pick it up from the shop where I had a carb overhaul done on it. That will be everything in the fuel system replaced. Tank, hose, bulb, connections, fuel pump, and carb overhaul. The head gasket has been replaced because it blew and the throttle lever broke and had to be replaced. Wish me luck!!!

Num1fire, it is a 1983 mariner but I won't be able to sell it anytime soon because I have too much money into it.:( She is ready to kill me.

7. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

I learned if the sticker is crooked on the engine cover, it will miss at WOT...did you check that?? :D :D

Seriously, I hope this gets 'r done for you!