close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

another w. branch question

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TPaco214, Jun 27, 2007.

1. im definitely heading to west branch tonight. is fishing off the dam allowed? i noticed it was blocked off to vehicle traffic but i saw some people walking their dog on it? i didn't see any fishermen though.

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Yes you are allowed. It's blocked off to keep a potential car bomb off the dam. Park at the visitor center on Wayland Rd. and walk up the road to the dam.
    Lots of people walk the dam for exercise.

3. cool. sounds good. thx.

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Good luck and be careful on the rocks. You can easily twist an ankle walking and fishing there. There has been some fish caught there. Look at Tigger's post from yesterday.
    I haven't been on the dam in about a week and a half.

5. im gonna try for a flathead off the dam...never got one b4...prolly gonna toss a small live gill out on the bottom as far out as i can get it. of course i'll be prepared in case the crappies show up too. thx man.

6. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

yes it's allowed. last summer i walked "the green mile" and fished in the back water area off to the left. i had a HUGE cat hooked up, i was strong arming him in and he shook a few times and was gone. i caught a few small channels but there were alot of small blue gills and bait fish. give it a try