close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another RIVER MUSKIE!

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by MuskieJim, Jun 24, 2007.

1. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

Fish tales!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  2. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Congrats! That's got to be one of the best couples days I've heard of. Are there many smallies over 20" in Grand River? That is just an awesome river smallie.

3. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Excellent fish!
    Both fish are fish of a lifetime!

4. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

That is awesome! Gratz!

5. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

no foolin...! great day pal, thanks for RELEASING the natural muskies.....!!!!!you da MAN

6. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

To be honest, the big girl scared me at first cause when I went to give her a few breaths at first, she kinda rolled a bit, and as soon as I pushed her foreward an inch, she exploded outta my hands, not only escaping photography, but also nut-tagging me in the process! The second one was spunky as hell, no worries with him!

7. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

Oh yeah, and I forgot to tell everyone, this older gentleman came walking out the other day with a 25 inch muskie! He put it in his truck and continued fishing. My buddy called the 1-800-POACHER, and the operator was being a dick about it, saying "it's one fish, I'll call the local officer and see if he can come down there. There might be something of higher prioritity." The guy ended up fishing for two more hours, with no officer responding. After seeing him again, my friend, while I was with him, asked the guy what he did with the fish, and he said "gave it to a friend." :mad: UUUUUGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! Took everything in me not to punch this guys fat head! He was proud of his 25 inch muskie.:B

8. Interesting, i also fish the river for Muskie, have for a long time.And it does sadden me that these fish are not totally protected, being that what is there is 100% natural reproduction. A friend of mine recently caught a very respectable fish and kept it for a mount, i really could'nt blame him-But i will say that if i ever catch a truly big natural, I would deffinately go for a reproduction mount.