Another nice Muskingum flat

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BrianC, Oct 12, 2007.

1. BrianC

BrianC Bass Angling Guru

Couldn't stand knowing the big ones were biting so I drove down yesterday evening. Got there at 8:30pm. Caught a 10 at aroung 8:45, a 20 at 11:00,and then got the one I was looking for at 2:00am. Went a little over 40. Needless to say it was time well spent.

Wish I could have stayed all day today and went bass fishing. The river looks absolutely prime right now for those big spotted bass and I had to look at several of my favorite areas while making the trip home wishing I could be out there working them over. Something about that river...

Attached Files:

2. nice! i am going tomorrow morning/afternoon on the GMR for flatties, the big ones should be feeding here as well with these cooler water temps and it being the new-moon period:) .

3. how in the heck do you catch a flat? let alone that big? if anyone goes on a tues or wed for these things let me know.

4. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Awesome catch, congrats.

5. Vey nice fish dude!! heck the 10 and the 20 are nice enough let alone a 40.

Im like Dink, hoping the fall bite just went into high gear with the cold nights, with the water temps dropping quickly. I hope to get out Sunday afternoon for a while

Salmonid

6. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Wow Brian, that is amazing. I just showed my family and they can't believe the size of that thing!

7. Very nice fish! What bait were you using? The flatheads haven't been cooperating for me lately.

8. EE

EE

amazing fish! I get excited with a 5-6 pound channel cat here in the central ohio area, can't imagine a 40 pounder.

9. I will second that...Congratulations on the Flat

10. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

I love to see people catching big flathead.

Congratulations.

11. nice catch............i havent had any luck here in bluerock i tried everything i could think of and some stuff i never heard of with no luck

12. BrianC

BrianC Bass Angling Guru

It seems like the past couple years goldfish have been the ticket. I used to think bluegills and native creek chubs were best, but anymore the goldfish bites outnumber the other baits at least 4 to 1.

The validity of that may be suspect since I am only getting to fish cats a couple times a year, but in those couple time fishing anything but goldifsh was pretty much a waste of time.

13. Congrats on the catch Brian!!!!! I will down the River outta Steubenville tommorrow. I will try to let ya know how the tournament goes........Again, Great Cat.......

Hawk

14. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

Nice catch Brian. Does it make you want to give up Bass fishing?

15. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

16. BrianC

BrianC Bass Angling Guru

Thanks guys!

Neocats - I love just about every type of fishing but don't envision any other species coming between me and my bass!!! Too much of a competitive drive and bass tourneys fit the bill perfectly.