close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another new PB

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by RiverRat, Sep 3, 2004.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

36 lbs. 41" long

look in my photo album for a pic.

2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Oh well..i'll save ya the trouble..lol.

[​IMG]

3. steelhead1

steelhead1 Pikie Bay

I havent broke 30 yet. Nice fish!!

4. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

darn nice fish. Way to go. Shoot I cant even catch a carp if my life depended on it. Congrads...

5. nice fish..congrats!!!!!!!!

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Nice fish man!

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nice fish Scott, what kind of bait?

8. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Thanks guys.

Jack, my 3 big fish this year were caught on:
    30.9 lbs. March 17th- flavored canned corn.
    34.3 lbs. Aug. 18th- plain canned corn(fished using the "method")
    36.0 lbs. Sept 2nd- plain canned corn(fished using the "method")

well im off to find that 40 lber.

Scott

9. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

good ole corn...heh heh..read somewhere "big" fish don't like corn.yeah riiiiight!!!!!..:p
    nice year for you maan..;)

10. Great fish...i'd love just to SEE a fish that size in person, let alone catch one. Good luck on that 40.

11. dip

dip dip

that's a dandy karp! how hard is it to hold a brute like that? reason i ask is that i cast netted a near 20# karp once and tried to hold it like in your pic. couldn't git mr karp to cooperate!

12. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Thanks guys.
    AK, lol.....yea big carp dont eat little ole corn....only catch smallones on it..lol..

Dipster, carp can be lively on the bank for sure, but the worst is grass carp, they never settle down for a picture. The other 30 i caught a few weeks ago almost dislocated my jaw while trying to set up for a pic...luckly i have fast reaction time and i only got the tail fin, if i wouldnt have moved, could have been like a Mike Tyson TKO punch.
    CW, i hear ya man....the pic. does not give you a good clear scale to the length of this fish, or how big its head was.
    Scott

13. Well done Scott. Mind sharing the location? PM is fine, no use giving the bowhunters any tips.

14. catking

catking Banned

Nice PB carp !! And I hear ya on the grass carp. CW, Myself $ BuckeyeBob caught thme up to 42 pounds in SC this spring, and they beat us to death on the bank :D .CATKING

15. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

I checked out the Ohio 50 lb. record carp....it lists it as 50 lbs. and 40" long..if only my fish would have been 14 lbs heavier...oh well atleast my carp was longer. And to think my biggest flathead to date is only 47" long.....

Scott

16. congratulations scott, I am glad for you. thanks for sharing the pictures. I have a few spots lined up to fish in river for this fall. Hope you catch something bigger.

17. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Thanks Marc,
    Yea three 30's in one season(so far ;) ) is better than i could have hoped for.
    Im also reaching that twenty 20 lbers mark also...hopin to reach thirty+ 20 lbers for this year.
    Yup, for my money, the river is the only place to go for numbers & size...plus no hassel with boats or other anglers.

Good luck,
    Scott

18. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Man Someone needs to learn me how to carp fish. Sounds like fun and the lures (Bait) (Corn) aint all that expensive either. :D

19. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Bass Hawg,
    Man if ya really want to have some fun, stop by one of the Fish-Ins thats held each month....you'll certainly have fun.

When the dog days of summer have the other species in "lock-jaw"....carp fishing can save the day..plus ya just might get hooked on them like the rest of us.
    Im a catman & smallie nut at heart...but nothing beats the slow times like a real hard tug at the end of the line.

Scott

20. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

So Scott does this mean you are hitting the CCC. Looks like you are starting to become THE Carper in ohio.