close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another Misfit Morning.

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishintiger, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Well for the second year in a row Misfit and I have set out to look for a fish ohio catfish for my birthday. Last year we came close but this year, well we weren't even close.

Let's just start with we should have called off the trip when I didn't get to the bait store early enough yesterday to get the hooks we wanted. So I had to run to Meijer and Wally World looking for the hooks. So this morning I got to the Misfit Mansion bright and early at 2:30. We got the boat hitched up and down the road we went. We got to about Hamilton Road on 270 and Rick said something about bait and I said "Speaking of bait do we have any?" To that I got :eek: :mad: So we had to turn around and go back to his place to get the bait. We get to his place, grab the bait and head back to the freeway.

We finally get up to the lake, get the boat in the water, and set sail or so we thought. Due to an ill timed proceedure I was in charge of the voyage today. Remember this is the first time I have ever been in control of the SS Misfit. So we get away from the dock and Rick says fire up the motor. So I do as instructed. I flip the key towards the front of the boat. I pulled about 10 times on the rope and the darn thing wouldn't start. So Rick reaches back and flips the key the other way and bingo the motor fires up. So we cruise up to where we are planning to fish.

Long story short there wasn't a whole lot going on. So we moved a couple different places. We got stuck on the old road bed, and the old dam while we are looking for a new place.

Finally we decide to scratch the catfish idea. Rick said we weren't going to go home :S We went back out into the main lake to look for any willing participants.

We find a couple guys anchored up and catching crappies. So we drift around them jigging vibe's. I pick up one white bass. This is where it gets good. So I ask "Should we get a picture of this?" Rick said yeah we better because it's the only one so far. So he reaches for his camera. About that time I see something moving out of the corner of my eye. Before I could get it out his rod/reel and my vibe went over board. :eek: :mad:

So we ended our trip there. I got to hear him complain and whine the whole way home. :D All I could do is laugh and smile. Sorry big guy. Maybe someone will get your rod back to you.

If anyone catches a white bass with a blue and white sparkly vibe in it's mouth can I have my vibe back? Oh and I think Rick might like his combo back too. :p

And for those of you keeping score at home. He made it the whole trip with out falling asleep. :D

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

couldn't you have waited till i got at least a little of my pride back before you ran for the computer?:p
    well,my pride may have a big dent in it,but my freaking reputation is still intact:rolleyes::D
    if i wasn't in the shape i'm in,i honestly would have took a dive and got it before it sank out of site.those white bass sure do hit hard and fast,LOL.i think you're demoted to first mate again.that front seat just wasn't to lucky for me:(
    now since you had to climb up on the rooftop and shout the story to the whole freaking world,your birthday present will be a new taillight for my trailer:p
    yes,folks,he also launched the boat.i decided to stand on the trailer tongue and hold the bow line while he backed it into the water.ok,so now it floats off and i tell him to pull up.i forgot say EASY.
    up the ramp he goes like some woman's husband was chasing him.thanks to that maneuver,my right arm is now 6 inches longer,as it got pulled from the socket when i ran out of rope.now i'm hanging on for my life,pulling the boat so it won't float away.the professor now decides to do a brake check,while all i can do is watch my boat go slamming into the trailer,demolishing my new taillight and almost throwing me off the trailer tongue.
    i'm sure the neighbors enjoyed being awakened by the sound of the crash,and or my yelling:rolleyes:

3. ;) Wow all i can say WOW!!:D Glad to see you two back at it again but please spread the fun out thru a few more trips do not try to catch up on all the fun right off the bat!!

4. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

Reads like the second coming of Stan and Oliver. For those of you too young to remember thats Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy.

5. I forgot about that. I knew there was something missing. See all the fun Fred misses out on while he's "working". :D

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

looked more like the keystone cops at the ramp this morning;)

slim,i just can't help myself:D
    after being out of commission for two weeks after the surgery,i need to get the hand rehabilitated asap,so it's in shape for the fall feed:D

7. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

thanks for the fishing tale...i always enjoy reading of the adventures of misfit. at least you had the plug in:p

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

make that 3(THREE)plugs:D
    i now keep 2 spare plugs closeby and never remove the third.when toad fishes with me,i have four.he bought one after the "incident" and will not get in my boat without it:D

9. Guess I'll have to make the trip down so we can do something exciting. :rolleyes: :D :D

10. I would have paid to have been there, on the other hand I have had my share of boat related episodes I choose not to confess.

11. Another chapter in the adventures of Misfit and ? (? = pretty much anyone he fishes with) I always enjoy reading your stories, thanks guys!!!!!:D

12. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Sorry I couldn't be there guys. Worked my tail off in that heat yesterday. I'll make sure I don't miss the next episode...err...trip. :D

13. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Now thats some funny stuff!

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

come on down.we'll think of some way to make a good time of it :D

15. Here's the picture I got of my white bass. This is the one that I caught right before Rick lost is rod over the side.

[​IMG]

I think I might give him a copy of this picture for Christmas. :D

16. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

AMAZING...i dont know how you do it fella's?

lost a rod? 2 guys in the boat....90 degree's? I would have been overboard even if it wasnt mine.

17. We both thought about it, about 2 seconds to late. The fish grabbed the vibe and and headed towards the bottom very quickly. I'm sure about now he's wishing (the fish that is) he would have passed on that tempting looking meal.

18. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

No time to think when $ is sinking to the depths.
    I have injured myself saving a few rods...after losing a $300 baitcasting combo to a lake trout in NY i dont mess around.

19. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i've done it before.you can bet i'd have gone in if it weren't for my condition.................and having that pesky little tank hooked up to my nose;)
    don't wanna explain that one to the insurance company if survive:D
    but the thought hit me and i almost dove in just out of instinct;)

a few yearsago,i did jump into antrim to save a rod that got pulled in by a channel cat.didn't know i could still move that fast,LOL.

20. On the way home I told him it was probably one of the tagged saugeyes that stole his rod. That didn't make him feel any better. :D He said that made it worse because he would have to add another $100 that got away to the amount of the rod.