Another LMR outing?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by 1badmthrfisher, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Anyone up for another trip down the LMR? Well assuming the river comes back down.

2. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I am....I am actually sitting here trying to plot a float for tomorrow. I haven't been out there in awhile in the yak and am dying to get some fish!

3. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

when i get some time gonna call some of the canoe rental places and see when there last drop offs are for witch locations. hoping to avoid the canoe crowds. looking around 3 to 5 pm for a start time any suggestions for dates?
    runs?
    any votes for gmr, still, mad?

4. fshnteachr

Stillwater

5. Sleprock

how about august 1st or second or third?

1st is a friday

6. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

We had talked about an evening float.....how is that sounding to everyone?

7. fshnteachr

I could do evenings....

8. Sleprock

anything to avoid the canoe crowds

9. redtailmatt

redtailmatt Member

Evenings sound loke a good change of pace to me as well. The canoers can be fun to watch ;) a little but turn into a pain in the!% after a while. any float is fine with me, but would like to see a Troy to Tipp city GMR adventure sometime this year.

10. I might be interested, and am sure I could find a partener, but I work seconds so any day besides sunday and monday are out for me. Also how do these trips work? I don't have a canoe or kayak but I do have a 9 foot plastic boat (bass buggy type) with an electric motor that does fine in the rivers.

11. LMRsmallmouth

I too would like to do a GMR trip this year but I will need to plan ahead for that one. I would like to do a Mathers Mill (Orgonia) to behind the campground/ballfields in Morrow just north of the LMR canoe rental about a quarter mile (about 7+ miles) from lets say 4:00 PM till 9:30 ish. We may see some canoe traffic for the first hour but after that should be pretty much clear sailing. Anyone up for this trip? August 2nd sounds good. (SAT)

12. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

An outing? I like the sound of that better'n a tourney. If we do the gmr ,tipp to vandalia is good for an evening and there's a livery at the takeout where we could make arrangements for spotting and takeout.TC1

13. Sleprock

5 and a half hours is that enouff time(i know spell checker broken)

start a little earlier, any event afterwards?

i don't wanna see canoests but i do wanna see the river?

14. Tall cool one

Plenty enough time and if we do eve there'll be no canoes. TC1

15. Sleprock

well i good w lmr suggestion good with an outing as well august 2ed sounds great!!!

i am in

16. redtailmatt

redtailmatt Member

I,m in. August 2nd in the evening sounds great. I just shot a pm out to a potential partner?

17. 7 Miles in 5 hours seems a little stressfull, but I am no canoe veteran. I will have to think about this one. Maybe make it a little longer 3-4 till dusk/dark.Check my schedule and get back later. Obviously even at 9:30 we will possibly need a lantern to weigh, depending on cloud cover.

GMR trip sounds good to me too. I am more of a southern GMR guy. I never go north of Dayton to fish the GMR. Unless its all the way up to Indian Lake. I hear it is good. I am interested in checking it out. Any interest in Maybe UD/River Rd./West Carrollton Low Head to Chatauqua Low Head. I dont where you all live but this is much more appealing to me. Just food for thought.

18. Tall cool one

Yeah,7/5 does'nt leave much time for fishing. I usually allow and hour/mi if I'm fishing but I guess w/ a river full of guys the fish will get hooked faster.TC1

19. LMRsmallmouth

I too usually do about 1mile per hour when fishing but with alot of boats vying for spots and the dead water you will paddle through it is do-able. I routinely do that trip in 5-6 hours many times a year. I will do whatever anyone else wants though.

20. Sleprock

I think this would be a good time for a gmr float that way we could launch early and not have alot of other people on river. I am just putting that out there. also want a shot at some $cash$ baby. let the debate linger.

how about a deadlyest catch turny where we go went the conditions are the worst!!!!!!!

just kidding about deadliest catch line.

by the way went fishing about 10 times this mount and cought about 10 fish.
    man what is my problem?

son has outfished me 9 out of ten times