Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had 3 Army Chaplins out on Thursday ! Did the Smallmouth Bass thing. Handled over 30+ Bass. No Giants but did have a few close to 18" ! The others where between 15" to 17".

Also managed 7 walleyes after the bass. Walleyes came in the 10' to 12' of water.

And Yes all in Canada.

Thanks guys see you next time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Looks like you all had a great day..

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
awesome catch, ive never targeted the smallmouth but have caught a few on accident and they were a blast. I would love to have the chance to catch that many in one day

·
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Soft Craws. While anchored. Made one anchor drop and nothing and moved reset anchor and they where on till we ran out of bait.

Heard a buddy handled over 60 yesterday all in one spot !

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
Jeez, Mike. At first I read "Captains"! Sounds like you had some "good insurance" with those Three on board with their influence with the man upstairs!!(There have been days I would have loved to had just one of those guys on my boat!!!):D Looks like a fantastic day!! Did you guys try any tubes?

·
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeez, Mike. At first I read "Captains"! Sounds like you had some "good insurance" with those Three on board with their influence with the man upstairs!!(There have been days I would have loved to had just one of those guys on my boat!!!):D Looks like a fantastic day!! Did you guys try any tubes?
Sorry CJ my "SP" sucks. And No did not try tubes.

·
Erie Bytes Fishing Team
306 Posts
We've always taken our own soft craws from the Ohio mainland. We've never been checked though. On Friday, weather permitting, we're going to try frozen soft craws. I'm not sure how well they'll work so have lots of drop shots just in case. We'll be on the east side of Pelee and will post results.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Do you still have to purchase your soft craws on Pelee or did they phase the whole "live bait fish" thing out finally?
Scott,
I'll jump in here. Not sure if they legally phased it out or not but I've been checked once this year and couple times last year for license etc and never once did they say anything about having live minnows.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Scott,
I'll jump in here. Not sure if they legally phased it out or not but I've been checked once this year and couple times last year for license etc and never once did they say anything about having live minnows.
That's good to know. On two Detroit river it was rediculoys a few years ago. Had to carry bait in separate buckets with reciepts for each. Talk about a pita!

·
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seeing a board of dead smallmouth turns my stomach. Since they are "jumpers" and great fighters I like to catch them for sport...to each their own. Not trying to fuel anything here all legit :)
NP Understand. But some like to eat them ? What can I say ? Have others who Do Catch & Release of course.

On the other side when I hear about dead ones on the water from Commercial Netters I get Pissed !

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Seeing a board of dead smallmouth turns my stomach. Since they are "jumpers" and great fighters I like to catch them for sport...to each their own. Not trying to fuel anything here all legit :)
Couldn't agree more, not the Capt. fault, gotta keep the customers happy. Take them on a perch charter next time :D

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I dont understand why people get their panties in a bunch about killing a bass but killing perch or walleye is just fine.

If people are eating them whats the big deal??

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
706 Posts
The big deal is that the smallmouth population is no were near what it used to be in lake erie. Whether its from the round goby or from too many people eating em it can be fairly hard to find a smallmouth now-a-days. That picture honestly wouldn't bother me if they were largemouth, thier numbers have exploded in the last 10 years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.