another great cornbread

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by misfit, Mar 15, 2008.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ok,now don't let the sound of this turn you off.you'll either love it or hate it,but i love it:D
    i wanted to attempt a rendition of that burbanks cornbread,but didn't have any cream soda on hand.i do however have a supply of my favorite soft drink.................................root beer:D
    as i said,this might sound way out there,but you gotta taste it before you knock it.i was really aprehensive about it,but the adventurous spirit in me said go for itand i was surprised at how good this stuff is:D
    not having any cornmeal for my scratch recipe,i used my second favorite,jiffy muffin mix.this is a very moist and dense cornbread with a sweet flavor.
    here ya go.

1 box jiffy muffin mix
    1/2 package instant vanilla pudding mix
    1 egg
    1/2 cup a&W root beer(for the burbank version use A&W cream soda)

-------------------------------------------------------
    preheat oven too 400
    grease a 8x8 pan
    combine jiffy mix and pudding mix.add egg and root beer.
    mix till completely blended.
    spread in pan and bake for 20-25 minutes till done.

2. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

misfit- I am a cornbread fanatic and will give this recipe a try. Since I got the stuff today to make some deer chili I will just have to make some cornbread to go with it.:)

Here's my favorite corn bread recipe-
    1 package jiffy mix( add what the box says to add) then
    1 additional egg
    1 can cream corn
    1 tbl spoon sour cream
    Grease dish, pour in mixture. Bake until alomst done and pull out the pan. Cover with a few handfuls of shredded cheese ( I prefer sharp cheddar ). Put back in oven till cheese is melted and crispy around the edges.

Enjoy

3. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

All I can say is, thats an interesting combination.......... :) WB

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

darbyman,that one sounds good too.sounds like it's a perfect mate for chili:)

LOL,yes it is.but you'd be surprised at the flavor.you'd never know what was in it if you weren't told in advance.
    some things just work;)

5. Did'nt love it nor hate it. Made 2 skillets, Was O.K.. But at least it was another try in my quest for the ULTMATE CORN BREAD. Also my ULTIMATE may be your--- never to make again?????

I'm looking for the bread that is on the lighter side, & then when it gets a bit dried out one crumble's it over a steaming bowl of chilli. YUMMY!

Nik

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i agree on that one.we all have different tastes.many times i've turned my nose up t something that someone else thinks is great,and vise versa.
    and i think i know what you're looking for.i may try a couple different takes on that.