Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had some time in between my classes so I took my pole and one lure down to the river at Huffman Metro Park. I have been having alot of luck throwing near the rocks in semi shallow water. The water was down a little and the visibility gets better every time I go out there. Yesterday it was 3+ feet. Anyway I was throwing my crawdad lure (not a rebel, but some other funky looking crawdad bait) letting it bounce off of the rocks and then I thought I was hung on one of them. I kind of gave my pole and good jerk and I guess that kind of pissed him off cuz he took off after that. He went up stream screaming my drag out. I tightened it just a little bit and got him turned back towards me but then I had to try and keep up with him coming straight at me and in the current. I finally got him to my hands but not before he mustered up some more energy and bulldogged extremely hard right in front of me. Then as most of the old ones do he gave up and just came right into my thumb. Oh and by the way this is one of the few true LMs that I have caught out of the Mad. Tight lines all!!!

P.S. Was measured at 17.5 IN and my crappy scale said it weighed 3.5 lbs.

Attachments

·
Micropterus dolomieu
753 Posts
Thats a hell of a fish out of the mad...especially where you caught it!!! Way to go!!

·
Dayton Fisherman
17 Posts
Great Catch! Do you wade in the Mad or cast from shore? Trying to improve my river fishing success, general rule is to cast lure upstream and work it back downstream towards you?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here lately I have been shore fishing but I have waded the Mad. But, yea find some eddy's, where the water flows backwards, and cast up stream then if there is a fish hold on. Have fun!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts