Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost everything but $30 and $40 fines suspended along with a license suspension for a year. Do you think if they are gonna overbag they really care about the suspension???

Clint V. Schwierking, Oregon, overlimit walleye, $250 fine, $61 costs, 30 days in jail with 27 days suspended on condition defendant remain law abiding for one year, fishing license suspended for two years, restitution; upon reconsideration, two days of jail term vacated balance of judgment to remain in full force and effect.

Brian C. Johnson, Columbia City, Ind., overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant remain law abiding and pay restitution in the amount of $40, defendant's fishing license is suspended for one year.

Victor L. Bianchetta, Geneseo, Ill., overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Joseph D. Simonich, Geneseo, Ill., overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Gary A. Walker, Sidney, overlimit walleye, $250 fine, $53 costs, 30 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for 18 months.

Gary C. Volsard, Sidney, overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Clarence C. Hughes Jr., Sidney, overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Timothy C. Roach, Sidney, overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

William J. Welter, Naperville, Ill., overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Brent J. Welter, Naperville, Ill., overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Glendon Mason Jr., Iona, Mich., overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $20 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Randy L. Leonard, Greenville, Mich., overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $20 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Todd J. Miller, Ionia, Mich., overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution, fishing license suspended for one year.

Russell L. Duncan, Zanesville, overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $30 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Christian D. Feole, Pickerington, overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $30 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Jerry J. Northrop, Martin, overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Terry R. Northrop, Oregon, overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Chad J. Dotter, Pickerington, overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Gregory L. Armintrout, Reynoldsburg, overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution, fishing license suspended for one year.

Jeoffery C. Morrow, Reynoldsburg, overlimit walleye, $150 fine, $53 costs, 20 days in jail, all suspended on condition defendant have no similar offense for one year and pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state, fishing license suspended for one year.

Michale S. Frys, Broadview Heights, overlimit walleye, $50 fine, $53 costs, pay restitution in the amount of $40 to the state

·
334 Posts
At least the fines were a little higher this time.

To bad the court systems hand out the fines and not the DNR.

You would see people loosing boats and fishing privileges for life!

Or even better - let Oaklane hand out the fines! Right Oak?

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
What's up with fisherman from Sidney ? The last round up netted several people from there also.

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
You know what, these are a hell of a lot better punishments than that rediculous 10.00 and costs. I posted the first article about the double dipping, and after hearing the punishments I was apalled! If we had anything to do with these stiffening sentences, than I applaud us!

·
Ret. 1SG U.S. Army
329 Posts
They should confiscate their gear too. I'm sure most will have more than a couple hundred in rods, reels, and tackle. Then they know they won't be fishing until they get it replaced.

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Yeah, Oregon....not like these guys can't get out anytime they want living so close to the lake. What a joke!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Or even better - let Oaklane hand out the fines! Right Oak?

man i don't know if we need to go that far! i've heard what he does to trespassers on his land :eek:

these fines are bs. hey i just got paid, any of you guys wanna go see if we can sink my boat with walleyes? i figure i'm good for at least 8 limits if we get busted..............:mad:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I wish they would list the amout of fish they were over the limit. And what's with them not having to pay for restitution until they get their licence back?
Why not pay that now? They went over the limit now. And like stated above, what's going to keep them from fishing in the meantime?

·
Registered
101 Posts
These small fines are not a deterrent, if anything they are an encouragement to go out and overlimit each year until caught.

Following limits is not rocket science. Even for those from Sidney ;)

Punishment should be:

1st lifetime offense in ANY jurisdiction
20 days suspended
$500 per fish over limit
Loss of license for a year
Loss of gear recovered at crime

2nd lifetime offense in ANY jurisdiction
20 days in jail
$1000 per fish over limit
Loss of license for 5 years
Loss of gear recovered at crime, including boat and trailer

3rd lifetime offense in ANY jurisdiction
40 days in jail
$2000 per fish over limit
Loss of License for LIFE
Loss of gear recovered at crime, including boat and trailer

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
I think guilty parties should feel the pinch in his wallet, but jailtime? Six walleyes over your limit is a solid fine for sure. It's not something to go to jail for. Next thing we'll be throwing cigerette smokers in jail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts