Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got up to huron on sunday evening and started fishing monday.Tried for steelhead on monday and ran to the 41-45 line and found nothing. Spent most of the day waiting for the lake to lay down and looking for steelhead and ended with 6 walleye. Spent the rest of the week (tues.-fri.) fishing for walleye and boated WELL over the limit every day. There was a couple days were you could catch all you wanted. Got to spend alot of time at erie outfitters shooting the breeze and learning to boot. Special thanks to Craig for pointing us in the right direction and making a great trip. Met a few OGFers that was all nice guys.

Program was inline weights near the bottom around 1.5-1.8 with crawler harnesses. The biggest thing we found was that the fish moved a little every day but once you found them you needed to turn on them and try to stay on a specific line or location.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FINALLY figured out how to post pics :mad:!!!!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Talked with you monday AM in the parking lot waiting for the lake to settle a little (Crestliner). Was a pleasure meeting you.

Glad to see ya got on the fish as the week progressed. Thanks for your service.

Good luck....be safe out theere.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talked with you monday AM in the parking lot waiting for the lake to settle a little (Crestliner). Was a pleasure meeting you.

Glad to see ya got on the fish as the week progressed. Thanks for your service.

Good luck....be safe out theere.

Was you guys in a toyota highlander??(I think!!??) If so, like wise it was a pleasure and hope you guys got out after it laid down some....turned out to be a very nice day even though I never got into the steelhead :(

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Was fishin with Derek and his cousin. I pulled in next to you in the lot and we shot the breeze for half an hour. When we finally got out, we fished the same general area for a couple hours before you ran deep.

Was hoping you would find steelhead deep. Monday was slow but it looks like you popped 'em pretty good the rest of the week.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was fishin with Derek and his cousin. I pulled in next to you in the lot and we shot the breeze for half an hour. When we finally got out, we fished the same general area for a couple hours before you ran deep.

Was hoping you would find steelhead deep. Monday was slow but it looks like you popped 'em pretty good the rest of the week.

Ah yes, I got a little confused.... I talked to a couple other guys there also.Derek said your electronics had problems and that sure can make things tough. I would be lost!! I was hoping you three would have done well also but for some reason the fished moved for the day. Great meeting you guys and tight lines for the rest of the season!

·
L.A.2Ohio
94 Posts
Was just wondering what do you guys do with all of that fish? Freeze, or eat it at once. Heard that it was advised not to eat too much from Erie? Anyone know what the recommended amount per month is? Just curious. Also, does that go for perch as well?

Thanks in advance.

LA2Ohio

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Good job Kino. Nice talking to you at the Plantation & the ramp. Get the woman in some of those pictures you can't take all the credit.:D
Bob

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Was just wondering what do you guys do with all of that fish? Freeze, or eat it at once. Heard that it was advised not to eat too much from Erie? Anyone know what the recommended amount per month is? Just curious. Also, does that go for perch as well?

Thanks in advance.

LA2Ohio
Only one suggestion. Read up on the "advisories". Make your own decisions.

Good luck...be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Nice meeting you Kino, I knew you would find fish the rest of the week but man, we have to put you on the STEEL next time your up. Glad you had a great trip and those fillets should last you the rest of the year.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks in advance.

LA2Ohio

WE EAT THEM!!!! We have a large family and have several fish fry's throughout the year. I live right on the ohio river and eat sauger and stripers from there on a regular basis. They have a consumption advisory as well. Eating to many fish MAY take 5 years off your life but at least its the last five ;):D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good job Kino. Nice talking to you at the Plantation & the ramp. Get the woman in some of those pictures you can't take all the credit.:D
Bob

I met 3 Bobs up there last week and with screen names you guys are killing me! Yes it was nice as well meeting you and your wife. What happened to you all?? We thought you was gonna follow us out the next morning?? We got back to the motel and you all was gone. You got my number so maybe next time. I am gonna stay there again this fall and try to get a trophy for the wall......Not to far from the motel ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts