close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another AEP Float tube question

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by thedon255, May 17, 2008.

1. thedon255

thedon255 Float Tubing Fanatic

My first float tube will be arriving in a few days :) and I plan on heading to AEP with it. I've only made up there a couple times in about ten years and I was always shore bound and close to the road. Plenty of tiny bluegill but nothing else. It's going to be a new experience with the tube and I want to do some hiking to some the more remote ponds for the big bass.

So I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of a few good spots, or a number range of ponds to check out. It doesn't have to be an outright honey hole but I would like to know a few ponds to start out with as a springboard to do some exploring of my own. I only catch and release, so if I managed to catch a trophy bass, it'd still be in your honey hole. I'd welcome any PM's for locations and any general thoughts for a float tube beginner. Thanks.

2. thedon255

3. TexasRigged

TexasRigged Lover of all things wet.

Well, I just got back from 4 days of fishing there and I'm not trying to be mean but just get on google earth or microsoft live and start looking for ponds that don't have any roads leading to them or very little roads leading to them and start there. There are very few ponds at AEP that you can't catch fish in.

4. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

Go to campsite H and go either way on the Buckeye Trail about 10 to 15min either way. You'll find some ponds.

5. thedon255

Thanks. Exactly the type of info I was looking for. Now I just need my float tube to get here!

6. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

If this is your first time in a float tube, try the pond just before the entrance to campsite K. Just before the gate, make a right turn and the pond is on the left. There is plenty of shore space to enter the pond, easy access in and out, and there are fish there to be caught. Have fun!!

7. lg_mouth

lg_mouth It's Trigger Time!!!

I would suggest taking a buddy with you, especially your first time in a tube. AEP is pretty isolated and if you got into some trouble, it would be good to have an extra pair hands to help or, God forbid, go get help.

Have fun in the tube. I had one for years and loved it.

Lg_mouth