close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Annunal Quetico trip with dad pics

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jigg'in, Aug 5, 2007.

1. jigg'in

jigg'in Flat Water

Just got back from my Quetico trip, fishing was awesome. We went for 4 days and caught over 150 smallmouth, 30 Pike, 23 Walleye, and 4 Lakers all in a canoe. By far my best strech. Heres a pic of my biggest smallie it was truely a monster 20 7/8'' and 7.28 lbs Untitled.jpg

2. 7.28? as in Lbs?

wow nice fish ..are you mounting it?...Got any pics with a closer view?

3. Wow what a monster smallie? How were the size of the pike? I just got back from canada and the average size of the pike we were catching were about
    4-5lbs where we were at. I know some of those lakes buried in the depths of the forest up north have big numbers of monsters though.

4. jigg'in

jigg'in Flat Water

the average were about the same. My dad did catch one that was 30'' and about 14lbs, nothing really to brag about. The fishing where we go is outstanding, mainly because it is canoe boundry waters. They also don't allow live bait except worms and leeches if bought in canada. If anybody wants the link if interested let me know

5. not to bash your hopes but your scale is off, that smallmouth is a true brute but it probably weighs around 5-5.5lbs, there is literally no way possible for a 21in smallmouth to weigh that much, and a 30in pike is probably 6-8lbs a big fish from what i've seen in quetico. i am very impressed with the lakers, i've been to quetico twice and have only seen one laker caught

6. Not to step on your toes, but i would like to see a better pic of that smallie to.

7. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

me 2, If I had a 20 incher, I surely would take more than one pic and be in the same county. Is it on a stringer?