close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Angry Bass!!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by HalfBass, Dec 20, 2007.

1. HalfBass

HalfBass Fish Whisperer

I took these pics last summer and just came accross them again. My buddy and I were fishing a tourney, when he was putting another keeper in the livewell he said, "Crap, we have a dead fish...no two dead fish!" I'm not sure what happened but the larger fish either got really pissed or really hungry, I'm not sure. Two dead fish cost us a pound.

I swear this was not set up.....!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing

3. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

That would suck, its bad enough having one die from human error but that is something you cannot predict.

4. HalfBass

HalfBass Fish Whisperer

I knew a girl like that in high school!!

5. What's the blue circular deal in those pic's?

6. Its a knife sharpener. Looks like they used it to prop up the fish.

7. HalfBass

HalfBass Fish Whisperer

That's correct...the pics I took of them completely on thier side didn't come out real well so I propped them up w/my knife sharpener.

8. that is amazing and goes to show the appetite of bass, did u leave the bass like that for the officials to see, and what was there reactions?

9. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

A guy I work with found the same thing in his pond a few years ago. He saw something floating in the middle of the pond so he took his jon out to see and it was a 5 pounder with a 3 pounder in its mouth. He was pretty pee'd.

I heard about the same thing that happened at Bass Pro here in Cincinnati. One of the bass had tried to swallow another fish in the tank. Forgot what the other fish was though. The guy doing the fish presentation told us this when he was talking about bait sizes...a bait is never too big for a bass. He said that largemouth basses will typically take a bait up to half of its size but I see that the other fish is about 95% the size of the other so it boggles the mind to see how large a bait a bass will hit in the wild.