Andy's cajun breading- anyone tried?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boatnut, Nov 27, 2007.

1. For those of you that use Andy's breading for your fish....they have a new "cajun" style out. It's got a really good KICK to it! I cut up some walleye fillets into bite size pieces an dusted with this stuff then deep fried and served with chipotle mayo (courtesy of someone on this site!). Served it at card club couple weeks ago and was gone before ya know it.

anyone else tried it? thoughts?

2. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Where can you get it? I wouldn't mind trying some.

3. I have at least one of each Andy's products in my kitchen at all times. We love the "Red" as it is a bit spicy, but not as hot as the Cajun. I usually mix and match Original, Red & Cajun to get the desired flavor. I use the white on chicken and baked walleye and it is great too.

boatnut - if you like the spicy stuff, try it on grilled chicken. I usually do drumsticks and I lightly cover the entire drumstick in the cajun and then grill as normal for 20-25 minutes. Once the meat is coming from the bone, the Andy's makes a coating like fried chicken that is out of this world! Everybody raves about my grilled chicken and it is that simple!

CountryKat - you can pick it up at Kroger or Meijer - most major grocery chains carry it.

4. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Thanks, we don't have a Kroger but the wife works at Meijers. I'll have her look for some.

Not to get off topic but I am ordering some more of this seasoning. My brother in Florida sent some up and this stuff is awesome. www.dalesseasoning.com I put it in a little squeeze bottle and use while I'm grilling.

5. I get louisiana seasoned fry mix at save-a-lot stores. It has that spicey hot flavor to it, makes killer chops and catfish chunks to die for. The DALES SEASONING can be purchased at KROGERS. Hope this helps, Mike

6. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I sure wish Twistertail would make up another batch:) I'm down to my last bag!!

Sorry to hijack the thread, I'll have to give this other brand a try.