close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Andy Gieger Retires

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by PoleSnatcher, Jan 5, 2005.

1. heard it on the radion this after noon

2. I thought he should have been forced out along with Tressel over all the BS we've had...

3. all i have to say is THANK GOD!!!!!!!
    fish4wall

4. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

I think he was just tired of the BS ...he said himself i wasnt fun anymore....I say Hire Archie

5. Archie already said he is not interested in doing the AD job. He said he is doing what he wants right now. So I don't think we will see him in that capacity. It did not surprise me a bit to hear his resignation. He had told Bill Hosket on a halftime interview of a basketball game last year that he was only planning to work another 2 years before retiring. I just figured that with all the hassle they have to deal with now that he would say he had enough. I truly believe him that he was not forced out. I also think it is for the best. I hope that whoever comes in is able to present some new ideas on how to curb the violations and how to keep the kids away from the boosters and their fun money.

6. I don't know how many of you guys live in Columbus, but people around here knew this was coming awhile ago. I even said he was going to be leaving soon after the bowl game in a post about Troy Smith. He was tired for sure, and I think he took too much of the blame for all the incidents. I mean what he really did for OSU was build tremendous facilities for all the sports. Yes, he hires coaches, but does he have more day to day contact with the football players than Tressel. Probably not. Does he have more day to day conatct with the boosters than say, Archie? Probably not.

Archie does not want the job. As of now, he has a great spot out of the limelight where, if and when, any trouble arises, he won't be considered the "problem". As AD he would have been under a lot of scrutiny. When the new AD arrives, Tressel had better step up the discipline. He won't be this AD's "guy". He could be fired for this kind of stuff in a heartbeat, national title or not.

The more I thought about it, the more I thought Troy Smith should have been punished more. Maybe he deserves to be suspended for the year, and maybe even kicked out of school. His ongoing behavior problems are not so far and few in between.

Eric

7. I guess I did not know there was a history with Troy. What other problems was he involved in?