close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Andre Davis is Boston Bound

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by blance, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Evidently the Browns have seen enough already of Edwards to make Davis expendable.

I guess I have never been able to figure out the "undisclosed draft choice". Does that mean just undisclosed to the public? I would imagine the Browns know what they got but why wouldn't they tell?:confused:

2. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Sometimes the draft pick can be based on performance incentives.
    If he does great for them it could be a higher pick,and visa versa.
    Davis has always had plenty of speed to get downfield,he just wasnt very elusive and couldnt produce many yards after the catch.

I am pretty impressed by the Kent State kid,Joshua Cribbs..he can fly!

3. In that case I hope that Davis does a SUPER job for the Pats.:D

4. Yeah, the whole undisclosed draft pick always puzzled me too. Obviously, both sides know what compensation is involved otherwise why make the deal. Hopefully we got mumbles to pick up the tab on a bowl of that famous NE chowda too. Something to keep in mind is that Davis was a UFA next year and likely gone. Had we kept him, he may have sat on the bench injured and collecting a paycheck only to leave in 06 without getting anything in return. Not sure how much playing time he would have seen behind Edwards, Bryant, Northcut and whatever rookie(s) make the team. Rumor has had it that he was pretty much just going through the motions in training camp this year and not really standing out. Seems from memory that NE doesn't have a tall receiver to really stretch the field other than the extremely unproven David Terrell so he may be pretty valuable down the road to them assuming, again, he can stay healthy. Have to admit though, the Pats never entered my mind as a potential trading partner for his services.

Barry

5. I agree with that although after reading the link above it seems to make pretty good sense. I had forgotten that Patten left NE for Washington. And as they mentioned they have had some injuries to Terrell and others. Like you said, it may be a win-win situation.

6. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

Yeah, I didn't think he was going to play much either behind Edwards, Bryant, and Northcutt. Plus in training camp, Crennel said he wasn't doing that great. And Josh Cribbs is averaging like 35.7 yards per kickoff return.

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

It was time for him to go, we are deep in the reciever department.