close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anderson

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by stm007, May 29, 2008.

1. Hey guys...I live in Anderson and I was wondering if anyone has found success fishing anywhere near there. I frequently go to the lmr in newtown but haven't found much else. Any help would be appreciated.

2. OhioHuntr02

OhioHuntr02 OSU Fisherman

I grew up in Anderson but unfortunately there isn't too much around there fishing-wise.

If you have a boat East Fork would probably be your best bet. If you dont the overflow area where they let water out can sometimes be productive.

Stonelick is also fairly close. Again, you need a boat to fish this effectively. This is an electric only lake though, just to let you know.

Another option is the Hamilton County Park District lakes...the closest one for you would be Sharon Woods (unless you wanna paylake then you could go to Lake Isabella). You can rent boats at these lakes but it's difficult to fish effectively without an electric motor.

There's always the Ohio River too. Just a few options.

I live in Columbus now...a lot more options up here.

3. OhioHuntr02

Just a question...are you looking to do catch bass, catfish, panfish, all of the above? I figured I would be able to narrow things down a bit for you if I knew these things.

4. Mostly I fish for bass, but occasionally I'll go out at night for some cat.

5. OhioHuntr02

Well Sharon Woods would be your best bet for bass in my opinion. But like I said before you would need an electric motor to fish it effectively.

6. fishymcgoo

fishymcgoo I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN

lots of ohio river spots along 52 if you head east. i have caught just about every type of fish down there at some point. right now the sauger are hitting pretty good.

7. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

I'll second that suggestion and add that if you aren't a C&R guy, then the OR isn't as appealing...fish consumption warnings and what not.

CW