Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went up to Strongsville yesterday to a fly/tackle shop in Strongsville called Rodmaker's.

The original purpose of my visit was to resupply hackle and some other fly tying materials, calf tail, dubbing, etc.

(They've got a decent selection of fly tying stuff, BTW, maybe not as good as TMF in Ravenna, but TMF was closed yesterday, and Rodmaker's still had what I needed at decent prices.)

But, of course, and as usual, I can never seem to leave with just the stuff I originally went to get...

While I was there I saw a Daiwa 7', 3/4 wt, 2 pc, fast action, on sale for $49.

He had just two left, I couldn't help it, I bought it, and my friend who was with me bought the other one.

This is a sweet little rod for the price. Yeah, it's fiberglass, and not what I would consider to be the same level of craftsmanship as my St Croix Imperial, but all the same, it's a great rod for $49.

I went home and put my Pflueger reel on the rod, and while my Pflueger is currently loaded with 4 wt WF, it still threw line very nicely.

I went out to Nimi last night and caught some crappie and a few nice red ears, and - LOL - they all felt like I had Moby Dick on that rod. :)

I'm gonna try it on some of the smaller streams in PA I'm planning on visiting this August, it should work great for small brookies.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Another for me also... A PMQ (2 strip bamboo), 7',2/1, 3 wt.. Ready for dipping.
- One 4' culm from the hardware, ~$7.00
- Planing form made from scrap plywood, $.01
- Grip, reel seat, guides, etc. from accumulated parts, ~$20.00
- Glue, Titebond III, from a big jug, no idea how much $$
- one bandaid.......!!!!!!!, ~$.20
- labor, undocumented

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another for me also... A PMQ (2 strip bamboo), 7',2/1, 3 wt.. Ready for dipping.
- One 4' culm from the hardware, ~$7.00
- Planing form made from scrap plywood, $.01
- Grip, reel seat, guides, etc. from accumulated parts, ~$20.00
- Glue, Titebond III, from a big jug, no idea how much $$
- one bandaid.......!!!!!!!, ~$.20
- labor, undocumented

Ron,
Could you detail your process for making the PMQ? I am also interested in your penny forms from plywood. If you have already done this, could you point me to where it is? Thank you.
Sam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts