Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't mind driving to Chardon, there's a pretty decent place to fish for bluegill, sunfish, bass, pike, and crappie. I just started fishing there last year. I must have driven past it 100 time's. I never noticed it before a friend told me about it.
Here's a link:
http://www.geaugaparkdistrict.org/parks/waltercbest.shtml
I've caught all of the fish listed above there. All of the pike have been smaller, but I have caught some nice bass and crappies.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I know how difficult it is to find places to fish from shore.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Is that the park beside`Best sand? That is on the right hand side going south on 44.Yes i have drove past there many times also but never have fished there .Thanks for the info, but i mostly fish out of my boat on inland lakes.Be a good place to take grand kids...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the place Halfrack. Check it out. I fish there after work sometimes since I work in Chardon. This year, I've caught four bass, one pike, and a sunfish(bit on a crankbait) in a just a few hours fishing there. If your grandkids are very young, I would suggest trying by the bridge for bluegill or sunfish. I've seen bass and pike in the same general area. If you want to try for crappie, I've had my best luck in the opposite corner of the lake, near the end of the walking path.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
i usually domt have mush luck there. but there r thousands of mini gills perfect size for cats. 2". There is suppesed to be some nice bass in there but i have never seen any cought. the people who fish it though keep every bass they get over 15 inches.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Too bad you can't put a kayak in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts