close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

An idea for mods & members:

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BottomBouncer, Jun 27, 2005.

1. The idea of size regs. and limits on catfish has been brought up on many occassions by many people. Seems we all agree that the future of good catfish populations and better fishing depends on how we protect the fishery now.

Would it be possible to either get together a petition for people to sign on here or to bring one to the events and folks on here with bait shops to have one for customers to sign?

What do you guys think? I don't know about some of you fellas on foot, but I have to walk further and further every year......gonna have to buy a jon boat or canoe soon!!!!

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

There's already a petition. It's online. Probably won't do much good I hate to admit. Read the post in Catfish Forum Re: Fight the Good Fight.
    I'm tired tonight, so I can't think of a good answer. It's going to take a concerted effort of people contacting the DNR. Until and unless they feel that catfish populations are in danger, nothing will change. On the positive side, they have put in some regs on small lakes about 2(?) years ago. That's a start. Also when tyey are informed about how the 5" fish are removed as posted somewhere in these forums recently, it has to make an impact. Eventually when enough people contact them and ask for a size & creel limit, they will probably enact one.
    Now for my "guru lesson"...
    The term is known as critical mass....it means when enough people accept an idea, it comes into fruition. When that happens, it won't really matter about the policies, etc, it will simply happen.
    It's got to do with those voices in your(our) head, the one that asks the questions and the one that listens...... ;)
    When they all agree...nothing can stand in the way. :)

3. I haven't checked the catfish forum in a couple days......will do that next.

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

It's an old post, used to be a sticky.