close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

An Idea for Fund Raising for this Site

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by papaperch, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Not sure where this would belong but with no ice being present in Ohio .I probably got too much time on my hands. I would like to see this site stay around. I realize this takes money as I am sure all the rest of you do.

This kinda hit me , how about a outdoor sportsmen flea market. Each posting area could have their local one. Sellers would be us OGF members and we could donate a percentage of our total sales to OGF. We could make it an annual or semi-annual event. Wherever the interest or timing would take us.

If a lot of you are like me I am sure you have a degree of stuff you no longer use. Actually I could probably stock a bait shop or two. My wife said this would probably work for everybody but me as I would be bringing home more than I took to such a sale. ( She can not be that smart as she is still with me )

Details would have to be worked out by you guys that are organizers. I have trouble with a one-car parade. I just cannot see a downside to this. All the other get- togethers on this site seem to well enjoyed. Course the timing would have to be scheduled twixt huntin & fishin prime times. If the site operators like this idea take the ball and run with it.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Nice idea Papa. I'll make sure we discuss this as a possibility. Thanks for the ideas. Members like you is what makes this site what it is. Believe me when I say the site is for our members not the owners. It does take a good amount to keep it running and anything members can do to help us will be appriciated.

3. Good thinkin Papa, hope it goes somewhere!;)

4. Some of these gatherings are out of my reach,but why not try an auction of sorts at them. There is always a leader of sorts affiliated with this site there. I know at the fishing with friends, I would be willing to sell out around 1000 crappie tails and donate all the moneys to the site. Glenn

5. DaleM

jiggy, If you want to do that we'd welcome your efforts. PM me and fill me in. Thanks

6. You can also make donations to OGF. And I’m not sure if OGF gets any of the proceeds from the sale of their merchandise (hats, beanies, etc.) or not. I also agree that we should all support the site.

7. DaleM

Thanks for the kind words guys. Good members make this a Great site.

8. Dale I have 1500 of them set aside for you! Glenn

9. DaleM

Thanks Glenn, PM sent also.

10. they all sound like good ideas