Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I found some ammo today in an auction lot that I had bought and some of them look to be pretty old. Mostly shotshells and some various other stuff. Some of the shotshells are old paper shells. My searches have not turned up much. I am looking for some info on what I have, does anyone buy this stuff, what kind of prices am I looking at, and any other info you would like to ad.

The 30-06 ammo is pretty rare from what I gather. It was an experimantal USGI rounds that was coated with teflon so that mechanical performance would be enhanced in extremely cold environments.The ‘F A 54' headstamp and the recent (at the time) experiences with the bitter cold of the Korean War are an obvious clue to the reasoning behind the project.

Here are some photos of what I have, if you would like any more photos or info from the boxed just let me know. Maybe seeing these old boxes will bring someone some good memories back. Hope you enjoy them.

·
Registered
304 Posts
try AuctionArms.com they have a collectable ammo forum

·
Set The Hook!
2,177 Posts
Where do you get your info on the FA 54 M2ball being experimental?

It looks like standard M2Ball ,should be non corrosive but nothing collectable. Worth about .50 per rd

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where do you get your info on the FA 54 M2ball being experimental?

It looks like standard M2Ball ,should be non corrosive but nothing collectable. Worth about .50 per rd

I found a few places that stated the above info. Not sure of its validity, but I did find it in more than one location. The Frankford Arsenal ammo was 30-06 ammo made for military applications, the 54 was the year made. Like I stated, I can only go off of what I have found by searching.

Here is one site that I referenced selling ammo for 49.95 a shell.
http://www.ammo-one.com/Teflon30-06.html

·
Set The Hook!
2,177 Posts
I yours teflon coated? Just because its Frankfford Arsenal 1954 doesnt means its anything special. FA also made M2ball in 54
Again looks like standard m2ball to me.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I yours teflon coated? Just because its Frankfford Arsenal 1954 doesnt means its anything special. FA also made M2ball in 54
Again looks like standard m2ball to me.
I see what you mean, but I really have no idea if it is teflon coated. I did not know that they made more than one round with the same head stamp. I thought all FA 54 would be the same. Thanks for pointing that out, that is why I need the experts opinion on this stuff.

·
Set The Hook!
2,177 Posts
Frankford Arsenal made many differnt rounds, The FA is the manufacture the 54 is 1954.Its standard m2ball
How many rds of it did you get?

·
BigV
1,135 Posts
The boxes are of value, most likely between $3 to $7 each. Having the original ammo in the boxes does not add much value to them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts