Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What justify' the high cost. Went to a gun store by a big lake today. Plenty of 9mm and plenty of 223 and 5.56. Prices though were still astronomical. Options on 9 were 50 rd, 100 rnd, 250 rnd. same with the 223 and 5.56. $35/50. regardless of the rnd count. 223 and 5.56 dollar/rnd. They had two boxes of 357 sig... 70 dollars a box.. get outta here with that.

They also had lot of 450 and 308.

·
Registered
743 Posts
It isn't just ammo. I bought a Ruger LCR22lr two Christmas ago for $320 NIB on Gun Broker. Now thier over $750, infact one yesterday sold for $1500!! Crazy...
Screenshot_20210211-221903_Chrome.jpg

·
Fishin-For-Fun
2,115 Posts
I've seen it, 3 dollars plus per round.
even in the "good old days" a 300RUM or 338win mag for elk approached $5/ round for a quality cartridge and bullet...

gotta love the 1000-rounds 9mm that i got for free few years ago. cheaper than dirt send me a case of them by mistake and didn't want them back... wonder what that's worth today?

·
Registered
856 Posts
They won't even put a full box of primers on their shelf although our store has a never ending supply of individual trays for $7-8 each. That comes out to at least double the price per box. Uh uh, no thanks. Their store, their price, their prerogative. But like others, no more for me either. My opinion, which essentially means nothing, is they got a little to big for them to care like they did when they only had the Ashland store.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I hope others join u in not buying from fin again I have already made that decision months ago with their gouging. I don’t think to much of business that wants local support and then gouges the customers.
Its pretty bad when their biggest local competitor (Sportsman's Den) has the same shotgun shells for 3-5 bucks a box cheaper than Fin. The Den was limiting shell purchases to 2 flats a week but had 100s of flats of target loads at normal prices last time I was there.

They won't even put a full box of primers on their shelf although our store has a never ending supply of individual trays for $7-8 each. That comes out to at least double the price per box. Uh uh, no thanks. Their store, their price, their prerogative. But like others, no more for me either. My opinion, which essentially means nothing, is they got a little to big for them to care like they did when they only had the Ashland store.
Sportsmans den was doing the same thing but wanted 4.99 not 7.99. I finally found cheddites from Ballistic Products and ordered 10,000. Those still came out to $36.50 per 1000 after tax shipping and hazmat.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Good old Walmart has normal prices on ammo and Rural King has 9mm for $11 problem for me is it costs me $20 in gas to get to Rural King! I understand supply Md demand but like you mentioned about the FIN is terrible. I remember going into the 1st store he had in Ashland and now like you all mentioned why would I support that store? I’ve seen pics of 800 rounds of 22 federal for $149.00. WTF!

·
Registered
152 Posts
stopped at RK thurs, only had steel shot on the shelf. Two clerks working with very little to sell in my opinion its hard to keep a shop open if there is no product to sell.

·
Registered
856 Posts
$36.50 still is a decent price considering shipping. My friend needs 10,000 #209 and can't find any.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
$36.50 still is a decent price considering shipping. My friend needs 10,000 #209 and can't find any.
Check Grafs and Ballistic products a few times a day.. They have been getting Cheddites semi regularly, they sell out quick though

·
Registered
908 Posts
why would a store sell 8 pounds of gun powder for 200.00 when you can sell it on gunbroker for 1200.00 !! same for ammo ??? I needed primers picked up a 1000 small pistol primers from fin in middleburg heights on 12-10-20 for 31.00 then they they put a limit on them 1 large and 1 small for 7.99 a 100

·
Registered
336 Posts
I too, will not buy from those price gouging b-holes!
At least they’re not as bad as Cheaper Than Dirt. Just saw they were wanting $80 for a 50 round box of Winchester 9mm fmj!!! Normal WWB.....Outrageous!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts