Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Memorable Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seeing any bargins on shotgun shells or .22 LR? In past years, I could always find a case (250 rnds) of 12 ga 1 oz #7 1/2 for under $50. Now, it seems the price is $6.99 or higher per box of 25 rnds. Every September, I'd buy a 525 round box of Federal Champion 36 gr .22 LR HPs for about $20. I can't those now at any price but I've seen similar stuff for $99 or more on-line. So I shoot 7.62 x 54R and 7.62 x 39 at the range because it's seems just as cheap and plentiful and I save the .22 LR for squirrel hunting. I miss the good ole days when I could shoot .22 LR until I got tired of shooting. Heck, I recall one day at the range giving a woman a big handful of .22 LR who was experiencing a lot of jams and FTEs with her new 10/22. Only cost me a buck or so and I could always buy more. How times have changed!

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
The high prices have been around for quite a while, but it's starting to get better. I picked up 1100 rds of the Federal 36 gr hp's when Cabela's had their grand opening & could have made a ton off of it !!! Just didn't feel like gouging anyone & it will eventually get shot up.

·
Double lunger
1,560 Posts
It is going to get worse again with all this Syria crap. I have been reading a bunch of Facebook posts buy supposedly "in the know" people. They are all saying the Russian Army will be on American soil by Oct. 1. I don't buy it but it's gonna get rough again.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Russian army over here ......... maybe I should have picked up something heavier than .22 ammo !!! Don't think they'll invade the US over Syria getting bombed.

·
Memorable Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That could solve my problem! The Russkies use a lot of 7.62 x 54R and x 39 ammo. I have a ton of that but precious little .22 LR. I see a win-win situation.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The gun and ammo situation has been a pain in the rear over the past years for many people. The good thing is that there are a lot of well armed Americans. Buy it when you can.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
If I were looking for 22LR I would keep checking the local WM early in the morning, I bought 2 of the Federal 325 packs 2-3 weeks ago, the ammo panic is slowing down...but I think if there is 1 caliber people are still a bit touchy over its 22, I would try to find the shotgun shells there as well.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Natchez Supply had 223 or green tip 5.56- 1000 rounds on "sale" for like $550. still seems like a rip off.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Whatever most walmarts get never make it to the shelves. The employees have too much control over the stock and it goes where they want it to go.. $$$.
That's just not true. I cover 17 counties and I've seen plenty of ammo. Just because you saw this at one store doesn't mean all are doing it.

·
river & muskie angler, dayhiker
769 Posts
yesterday the Cabelas in Wheeling had boxes of Remington 22 lr golden bullet value packs for $23.99, still had half a shelf full. no real bargain, also 1 box per cust limit.

·
Captain of the Ship
709 Posts
That's just not true. I cover 17 counties and I've seen plenty of ammo. Just because you saw this at one store doesn't mean all are doing it.
I agree. My local Walmart has had at least several (6-8 maybe) different calibers (except .22) on it's shelves the last several times I've been there.

I have enough 9MM and .40 that I've passed on it a few times recently.

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
Yeah, I should have specified .22. Find me some .22lr in a Walmart please! I will say, its starting to become more available as guys realize noone is going to pay the crazy prices online anymore.. At least I hope!

·
Captain of the Ship
709 Posts
Just bought some .22 at my local Gander yesterday. Not cheap at .10/rd... ($4.99/50)... but that's as cheap as I've seen it in stores ....untill Walmart gets some.

I'd like to see what their prices on .22 would be, if they ever got any.

·
Registered
228 Posts
my local wallmart has had no 22lr ammo for a long time-there is a gun shop by work that has 22lr but it is 9.99 for a 50 round box and they have plenty and i decided that they will get no more of my money and in the future i will not buy ammo from anyone that has taken advantange of the situation and jacked up prices to rip every one off.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I haven't seen .22 lr at any local stores in months. Checked midway and they have eley match grade 5o pks for $14.79 and $142 per brick of 500.
Also RWS 50 pks for $19 and 500 for $189.Then there's the haz fee. Way too pricey for me so I'll keep waiting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts