close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Amish Outfitters Buggy Bag Sea Anchors

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KaGee, May 26, 2007.

1. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Got my order in today from OGF Outfitters. Bought the 18" 2-pack. These things are SWEET! Better than anything I've seen at Gander or Cabellas. Hope they work as well as they look. :T :T

2. c75

c75

Do you have a link to the website where I can order some new ones of these?

thnaks

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

www.ogfoutfitters.com has em.

Yeah, those are definitely higher quality bags than I've seen from Cabelas. They look tough as nails, and as soon as I finish shredding my Cab's ones, I'm ALL IN on the AO buggy's.

4. Hope you guys don't mind me chiming in here but this SEEMS like my ticket but I have NO experience with this what so ever.

Is this made to slow boats down that don't use trolling motors? because that is my problem. I have an old boat with a 100hp motor. I've put a trolling plate on it which helped A LOT but it still moves along to fast. Is this something you use for say bass fishing along the edge of a lake? It seems like running a big 100hp motor for trolling would be wasting some serious gas?

5. ShakeDown

Yes it is, and used for slowing your drift in high wind.

You can troll with em out, slowing a big outboard waaaay down or use em to control a drift. For example, without bags my 150 does a min of 3.5. With two bags out, i can troll at 1.7 with the 150.

Cheaper than a kicker, but not as good mileage when trolling compared to a kicker.

6. Makes sense. Fish don't mind a big motor running 20-40' away while trolling shorelines? I don't have much of a fishing background so sorry if these are rather entertaining questions.

The drifting idea is good though. I do like that use.

7. ShakeDown

Naw they don't seem to mind. Even if you don't troll, using them when it's windy while drifting is sweet. Helps to keep your baits down and vertical, and you above the fish for a longer period of time.