close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Amish furniture

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sowbelly101, May 4, 2004.

1. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

Hey yal,

Does anyone know of any places in Ohio where the Amish make and sell there furniture. I was talkin to a friend and he said that there were some places in NE Ohio that you can go get furniture alot cheaper then going into the stores and buying it. Id basically like to cut out the middle man and save a few bucks...

Thanks
    sowbelly

2. Your friend is probably talking about Holmes County, OH. My wife drags me up there at least once a year. If you're coming from Plain City, your best bet is to stop at any gas station or convenience store in Millersburg (Rte 62) and pick up a free brochure. There are Amish furniture stores in Millersburg, Berlin, Walnut Creek, Sugarcreek, etc. Some good Amish cooking there too. I especially like the buffet at a place called Mrs Yoder's Kitchen.

3. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

What about Amish PC's?

4. We bought our dinning room set from Weavers furniture in Holmes County. They make it right there, or they used to. It was about 5 years ago.
    I'm in Geauga County. There are a few places around the Middlefield area that make their own. Quite a few of the shops up here have stuff brought from Holmes and resell it at their place of business.

5. catking

catking Banned

There is a place down here in Adams County that might be closer to you. It's right on RT32 heading east. Adams County has I believe the 2nd most population of Amish in Ohio. CATKING

6. Dingo

Dingo

Amish furniture is a very good deal. Quality and cash savings. Built to last a lifetime, or longer. Lots of places in Holmes county. Andreas in sugar creek has a good selection. Although not a true Amish store, a good place to get soft goods (couches) and other non-Amish furniture. Low sales tax and free shipping to many locations (free to Cleveland). Walnut creek has a good store (Walnut creek furniture) with locally made goods. Both are on Rte. 39, west of I-77. Further off the beaten path is Homestead furniture in Mt. Hope (northeast of walnut creek), which is a good place for natural wood furniture, with the opportunity for custom sizes.

You can spend a day looking for furniture, but expect up to eight weeks to have custom furniture built. You won't be disappointed.

7. Isn't there a place right on 42 in Plain City?

8. yes there is a place on 42 its called millers furnature it just past the der dutchman restu

9. yes there is a place on 42 its called millers furnature it just past the der dutchman resturant

10. Isn't there also a place in Waldo?

11. there are two places in Plain City, but they are like Sowbelly said "the middle man". the furniture is not made right there at the store.

12. Half the Amish buy they're furniture at Beaver Valley Reproduction and re-sell
    it as Amish Crafted. :confused: You can buy from the same place on Rt. 39 between New Philadelphia and Sherrodsville. Its OK to make fun of the Amish, they don't have computers so they'll never know. ;)