Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

Three of the past four Saturdays we launched at Lorain but ended up fishing west of Vermilion. We are fishing blind waiting for the fish locator to be repaired but that is another story. Anyhow, on two of these trips there was little to no drift and the bite was tough, yet the Amish folks on the charter boats semed to be catching 4 fish to one of ours (we were catching as much as anyone else in the area, other than the Amish). I watched and copied what they were doing but still couldn't keep with their catching pace (trash fish and walleyes).

Has anyone here gone out with one of these mostly Amish Groups? What is their secret?

Saturday the few eyes we got came on an old green and white derie, and a gold harness.

Are the fish off Lorain scattered? For some reason we haven't been able to get anything going by drifting near lorain (casting high, or dragging deep) so we've been runing west and doing better.

·
Registered
371 Posts
i used to work on a charter out of beaver. we had several amish groups. usually they would tip about $5 for the day :mad: . they are some hard core fishermen though! the one group all had bass pro shops bionic blade rods and shimano stradic reels on them. there wasn't any crazy technique that they used but they would fish every second of every charter. we had some really good groups of them and you would be surprised some are pretty damn funny!

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
There is usually 10 of them on a boat so it may seem like they are catching more when they actually have triple the amount of lines out there compared to everyone else, so their odds are increased three fold ! :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
lol - too funny i heard they use them wally pops - bait shops say they buy them by the dozen? they do the same thing in the deer woods - if its brown its down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts